Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
BookBaby changes their offerings

I got an email from BookBaby this morning, they're changing their distribution options. A quick read suggests they are smashifying them : they now have a free option that charges a commission of 15% (supply your own ePub), and even their standard ($99) option now charges the 15% commission (basic conversion services offered). You have to go to their premium ($249) option to get the 0% commission alternative.

Their email did say that: "These changes will NOT affect any eBooks that you’re already distributing through BookBaby (those titles will be “grandfathered in”), but WILL apply to your future titles."

In amongst all these changes is a new "BookPromo" feature (on all options) that is supposed to aid in book promotion - but I've yet to study what that's about.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote