Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanbayross View Post
Here is my first reply.

Have changed my page-break code to be:
<div class="pageBkBe4">&nbsp;</div>

.pageBkBe4
{
page-break-before:always;
}

I have introduced the &nbsp; between the <div class="pageBkBe4"></div>

I found this works perfectly in Bluefire Ebook Reader run on the iPad 2.

It is however ignored by Kobo Ebook Reader run on the iPad 2.

Do Ebook Readers work differently?

Has anyone has similar experiences with different Ebook Readers on an iPad or a Laptop?

Would really love to know.

Could you explain this a bit more please.

How does one place separate HTML files within Sigil to get appropriate EPub output?
Apparently:

Code:
<hr class="sigilChapterBreak" />
and then choose Tools -> Split on SGF Chapter Markers.

That said, I don't use Sigil, so I can't say for sure.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Even easier with Sigil...

With the file(s) to be split loaded, move the cursor to just after the last character where you want the split to be and hit control-enter. Everything in front of the cursor goes into a new file and everything after stays in the same file. Don't forget to rename the files so you know what's what by looking at the names.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert