Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
TheRealSmurf
TheRealSmurf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Install different region firmware

Hi guys,

because there are a lot threads in here about problems concerning the region choice, I wonder if it's possible to install a different (original sony) firmware on the device, for example a US firmware on a Japanese device, or a German one on a US device.
Would be great to access the local stores and have the right dictionaries.

Since you guys already managed to root it, have you found a way to achieve this?
TheRealSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
ngokyau
ngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it isngokyau knows what time it is

Device: sony prs t2
I want to know a US firmware on a Japanese device

can anyone tell us?

THANK YOU
ngokyau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Apparently, the answer is no according to the following post.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=51
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote