Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
petrucci
Groupie
petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
difficulty in converting pdf to mobi

I have several PDF files that I would like to convert to mobi format. MobiPocket creator botches the process and produces a document that contains jibberish. Calibre produces similar results.

One of the recommended work-arounds that I saw on this site was to convert the PDF files to a series of JPG files and then to create an epub file with Sigil. I accomplished this without a problem. Each image is displayed on a different page. However, when I convert the epub file to a mobi file in Calibre the images get divided between pages. I tried inserting chapter breaks in the html and it still did not help.

Does anyone know of a simple way to create a mobi file from a series of jpegs, in which one jpg is displayed on each page? I should also mention that I want to keep the page margins as small as possible.
petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, mobi, pdf