Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Calibre 0.54, What language is it working in?

I recently downloade version0.54. I proceeded to download my news feeds.

The dates in the titles are in a language other than English. Yes, I know, the whole world does not speak English; however, the program used to date the titles in English, and there appears to be no way to configure the basic language in the program.

Here is an example.

Business Week [mié, 01 abr 2009]

Please help.

TIA

Uncle Eric
estral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Go into the configure dialog and make sure it is set to English.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by estral View Post
I recently downloade version0.54. I proceeded to download my news feeds.

The dates in the titles are in a language other than English. Yes, I know, the whole world does not speak English; however, the program used to date the titles in English, and there appears to be no way to configure the basic language in the program.

Here is an example.

Business Week [mié, 01 abr 2009]

Please help.

TIA

Uncle Eric
That's in Spanish (Miércoles, 01 abril 2009). A lot of people in your country speak that language.....
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
estral
Just trying to survive

Was always in English

Configuration was always in English.

I confirmed the setting,restarted the program, the problem sitll exists.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not the problem.

Uncle Eric
Old 04-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
I comfirmed this (bug?) for 0.5.4 as well. My setting is always english, and I also tried change the language to something else then change back, but it always becomes spanish again.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
estral
Just trying to survive

Good News - Its a Bug!

Funny statement, I guess. But I am glad it is not my fault or me just being stupid.

I am sure it will be fixed in due course.

Uncle Eric
Old 04-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think it is a problem related to one of my recipes. I'll investigate and post a patch as soon as I can.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@kiklop74 Yeah it is likely the locale setting, doing that at class level is probably not a good idea
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@kiklop74 Yeah it is likely the locale setting, doing that at class level is probably not a good idea
I agree. I'll move that code into one of the methods so it will be execute only when called for. In this recipe I really need the locale since it is the easiest way to get the month names.

Anyways patch will be posted as soon as I find some time to do it.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How about a simple ['jan', 'feb', 'mar', ...][datetime.date.today().month]

where you enter the month names in the language you want
Old 04-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
kiklop74
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
How about a simple ['jan', 'feb', 'mar', ...][datetime.date.today().month]

where you enter the month names in the language you want
That is a good idea. I'll do that.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
kiklop74
Guru

Fixed. See issue in trac - http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/2198
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Umm.. I don't think so. You mean, I have to replace that particular recipe and the issue will be fixed for every recipe? The problem occur for all recipes.

I want to try replace it, but I don't know where to. Where is the place that calibre keeping the included recipe?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

i''ve uploaded fixed iwndows and os x builds already, just re-install and you should be fine
Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
Hypernova
Hyperreader

Yep, it's fixed.