Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #391
Owlie43
Owlie43 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini; kobo
Thanks very much for the informative post.
Owlie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #392
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^I always appreciate the comments with the karma more than the karma itself. It's just nice knowing you made someone's day.
Hi! I just recently joined Mobile Read -- this is a great community, so glad I found you guys!

I've been clicking the "karma" button to thank people who have helped me, but I didn't understand the comment box until now. How long do comments stay on your User Control Panel before they get deleted?

Last edited by pssquirrel; 10-17-2011 at 09:56 PM.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #393
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
Hi! I just recently joined Mobile Read -- this is a great community, so glad I found you guys!

I've been clicking the "karma" button to thank people who have helped me, but I didn't understand the comment box until now. How long do comments stay on your User Control Panel before they get deleted?
They remain there forever. Occasionally, previous pages of comments can't be seen unless all subscribed threads are cleared.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #394
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was reading the what is karma and how does it work thread and I realized it does not answer the question: what does one do with karma ?
I wanted to ask there but the thread is closed so I'm asking here
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #395
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
what does one do with karma ?
Spread it!

When you start with 10 karma points you can give only 1 or 2 points, our "big karma boys" can give much more than 100.000 points for one single post now. The formula how many karma you can give contains your days here and your number of posts, too, but by far the most significant part is the number of your own karma.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #396
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
95776 Is how much I can give at the moment.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #397
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
our "big karma boys" can give much more than 100.000 points for one single post now.
I think anyone with more than 200 Million karma points can give over 1,000,000 points in on fell swoop.... duck!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #398
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It would be nice if on New Years and Christmas, or during that week period, if we could give Karma to as many folks as we want. Sort of gifts for all we want instead of having to ration.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #399
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
And also not be stopped from giving karma to people we have given it to before, eg if someone has been very helpful on more than one occasion close together, or posts several very good jokes!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #400
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
It seems that karma should be better explained in all areas of the forums such as having a popup when the karma button is clicked or hovered over...
How can someone with only 1 month, about 40 posts (all of them questions for help) get 90,000 in karma? Guess someone (generous!) with a lot gave them some? Unfortunately this person is not sharing what they got with anyone helping them...and they've gotten a lot of help! This thread is great to help explain but only if one navigates to it!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #401
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Don't waste too much time and energy thinking about karma numbers - they don't function properly anymore.
Give it freely, give it often, say something nice or funny or thankful or what you don't want to say openly in the karma text field - but never compare any karma numbers or draw any conclusions from them.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #402
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Karma is something fun. Don't take it too seriously. (shrugs)
Old 04-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #403
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Lightbulb Tablet karma

I've had difficulties giving karma using my tablet. Pressing the karma button would bring
up the virtual keyboard but keying a karma message would close the pop up window.

All tablets may not have this problem, but here is a solution that worked for me.

Long press the karma button and select option to open a new tab . Then proceed as usual to add message and karma value.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #404
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Waittt I just realized I have some karma! Does that mean someone gave me the karma? Or its just from posting?
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #405
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Someone gave you Karma. If you go to your User Control panel and scroll down you will see who gave you Karma and for what post. Based on the amount of Karma you have, I would guess that more than one person gave you karma.

Tags
focking, lefty