Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Beprepared
Beprepared is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
My New Kindle 2 Screensaver! WOOT!

Below is mine... post yours if you have a custom one!

Beprepared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Haha!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Win!

Karma for you!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Beprepared

It looks like you are having fun already.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Beprepared.

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
MaudDib
MaudDib began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Will it hurt the Kindle to have that much black on the screen? The reason I ask is that when it reboots, I can read what was last on the screen. So I don't want the black to be "burned" in the screen.

Last edited by MaudDib; 01-05-2010 at 08:37 PM.
MaudDib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Beprepared
Beprepared is on a distinguished road

mine still functions perfectly, and i've had that screensaver on for over a week now.
Beprepared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
rambo47
Kindleer
rambo47 doesn't litterrambo47 doesn't litter

I emailed a .jpg of this picture to myself and use it as my screensaver:
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Douglas Adams would have definitely appreciated that.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #10
jimmylee7706
jimmylee7706 began at the beginning.

Custom screensavers are something that Amazon should have really put into the firmware and I hope its coming in a later patch. But I like this, and I've actually been putting some of mine together on my blog if anyone is interested just grab the images and upload them to your device. Kindle 2 Custom Screen savers
jimmylee7706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
rambo47
Kindleer
rambo47 doesn't litterrambo47 doesn't litter

The fact that Amazon is opening up development to third-parties is a good sign for nice little tweaks like this. I expect it won't be long until we all have the ability to add custom screensavers or simply use a single custom picture.
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #12
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beprepared View Post
Below is mine... post yours if you have a custom one!

hahaha.... that's what I put on my very first mobile phone..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #13
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
I emailed a .jpg of this picture to myself and use it as my screensaver:
I love it!

When my boys were late teenagers and they wanted to use my computer I said: "Yes, but don't fix it! It works!"
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #14
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Hehe, not bad.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #15
Just Me
Just Me began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
Love the screensavers! Nice work!
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote