Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-14-2014, 01:54 AM   #376
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
I am so over this glitch, now my OPDS will not download since updating IOS. Lost Marvin, lost Ibooks now lost OPDS. No loading books for me at all now. grrr
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:26 AM   #377
hymie
Enthusiast
hymie began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Erased my calibre plugins directory

Installed the new calibre 2.0.13

started calibre

installed iOS reader temp 1.4.4.0.1

stopped calibre

started calibre

installed marvin xd plugin

Got this error:

Exception in thread Thread-6:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 401, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 310, in detect_device
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/scanner.py", line 330, in is_device_connected
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 930, in is_usb_connected
TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

stopped calibre

started calibre

plugged in my iPad

Dec 19 07:18:01 laptop kernel: usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 30 using ehci-pci
Dec 19 07:18:01 laptop kernel: usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=05ac, idProduct=12ab
Dec 19 07:18:01 laptop kernel: usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
Dec 19 07:18:01 laptop kernel: usb 2-1: Product: iPad
Dec 19 07:18:01 laptop kernel: usb 2-1: Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Dec 19 07:18:01 laptop kernel: usb 2-1: SerialNumber: 2ac23c254a1856b50235627da367e392e7dc14c9

Started Marvin

Connected to the Calibre connector

Calibre did not respond in any noticable way.

Oh well. At least ODPS still works.
hymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #378
Laurentiu
Connoisseur
Laurentiu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 2, Sony PRS-600 (no longer used)
Hello everybody,

I have an iPad and a MacBook running Yosemite. I installed the iOS Reader Applications plugin, I customized it for iBooks but my iPad is not recognized by Calibre.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the plugin compatible with Yosemite?

Thank you very much for your help.

Larry
Laurentiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #379
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Laurentiu: What versions of all items do you have?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #380
Laurentiu
Connoisseur

I have an iPad 2 (not Air) and I am running the last version of Calibre 2.13 on Mac OS X Yosemite. The plugin version is 1.4.4.
Advert
Old 12-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #381
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The iPad 2 not-Air already has a USB ID in the plugin I believe, so that isn't the solution. People have had it work for them in your situation, it *should* work fine in Yosemite.

Perhaps someone else will have ideas...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:21 AM   #382
Laurentiu
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The iPad 2 not-Air already has a USB ID in the plugin I believe, so that isn't the solution. People have had it work for them in your situation, it *should* work fine in Yosemite.

Perhaps someone else will have ideas...
Hmmmm... Yet, when I plug in my iPad nothing happens. Calibre doesn't show it as a device (the icon is missing)

Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:30 AM   #383
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Device: iPhone 6+ and iPad 1 (love them both...)
2 things...

- make sure that your iPhone (or another iDevice) is not plugged in at the same time...
- if you are using Marvin (Which I suppose ?) that it is in the "Get Books" mode (Library page - bottom right...).

Otherwise with which software on the iPad, are you using this plugin ?
Gurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:38 AM   #384
Laurentiu
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurvan View Post
2 things...

- make sure that your iPhone (or another iDevice) is not plugged in at the same time...
- if you are using Marvin (Which I suppose ?) that it is in the "Get Books" mode (Library page - bottom right...).

Otherwise with which software on the iPad, are you using this plugin ?
The iPad is the only device plugged in. And I am using (or at least trying to) iBooks.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #385
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I don't think iBooks suport works anymore in the IOSRA plugin. Search this thread for "iBooks" and you will see someone else had the same problem. Probably due to a change in IOS or iTunes.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #386
Laurentiu
Connoisseur

I managed to make it work with Marvin. It"s a pity that it doesn't work with iBooks (I still like the app, perhaps it's just a matter of habit since I never used Marvin before)

Either way, it's good to be able to load the books directly from Calibre instead of going through iTunes+etc.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #387
tfwarner
tfwarner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
ios Reader error...iPad Air 2??

Hi....I just recently upgraded to an iPad Air 2 from iPad Air. I was using Marvin XD and Calibre worked beautifully prior to my upgrade. Now Calibre does not recognize Marvin running on my ipad when I try to connect and get books. I have all the latest Calibre, ios Reader and Marvin apps and plugins. I also am getting this error when trying to customize ios Reader plugin:

Thanks for any help....

calibre, version 2.14.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:No module named PyQt4

calibre 2.14 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-14.0.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '14.0.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
OSX: ('10.10.1', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: iOS reader applications && Marvin XD
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 789, in _configure_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 154, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 493, in config_widget
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.config", line 26, in <module>
File "/Users/Tom/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/iOS_reader_applications_resources/widgets/main_ui.py", line 10, in <module>
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
ImportError: No module named PyQt4
tfwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #388
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfwarner View Post
Hi....I just recently upgraded to an iPad Air 2 from iPad Air. I was using Marvin XD and Calibre worked beautifully prior to my upgrade. Now Calibre does not recognize Marvin running on my ipad when I try to connect and get books. I have all the latest Calibre, ios Reader and Marvin apps and plugins. I also am getting this error when trying to customize ios Reader plugin:

Thanks for any help....

calibre, version 2.14.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:No module named PyQt4

calibre 2.14 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-14.0.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '14.0.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
OSX: ('10.10.1', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: iOS reader applications && Marvin XD
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 789, in _configure_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 154, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 493, in config_widget
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.config", line 26, in <module>
File "/Users/Tom/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/iOS_reader_applications_resources/widgets/main_ui.py", line 10, in <module>
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
ImportError: No module named PyQt4
The plugin is out of date (not Calibre 2.x compatible)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:49 AM   #389
korbus
korbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animalskorbus is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle
@tfwarner

Are you sure you're using the plugin modified by Mr. Goodbar and posted by him and Eschwartz in this thread (not talking about the one posted in the OP, which is outdated)? I am using that one with my Air 2 and it works flawlessly...
If you don't have it already, try it, it should work: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=342
korbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:39 AM   #390
tfwarner
tfwarner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
@korbus

Thanks! Now for a totally amateur question...How do I import/install the contents of this zip file into Calibre and get it to work. I'm not even seeing this as a plugin to get within Calibre. There is only one ios reader plugin and it's not by this guy. Thanks for any help!
tfwarner is offline   Reply With Quote