Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
cap
cap began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
PDF thumbnail images

If anyone's struggling to generate thumbnail images of pdfs with linux -- there is a solution at
http://konrad.familie-kieling.de/com...umbnail-images
cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
If anyone's struggling to generate thumbnail images of pdfs with linux -- there is a solution at
http://konrad.familie-kieling.de/com...umbnail-images
Anybody tested if it works adding the thumbnail file? I tried it with images and it did not work. The thumbnail was regenerated in spite of me having put a thumb nail file on the card.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
cap
cap began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Anybody tested if it works adding the thumbnail file? I tried it with images and it did not work. The thumbnail was regenerated in spite of me having put a thumb nail file on the card.
yes. the script mentioned above works perfectly for me. you can adapt it to generate thumbnails for images by changing lines 10-13 and 26 appropriately. find an updated version here:

http://konrad.familie-kieling.de/code/t2b
cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:00 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Why not use this line instead?:

'convert -resize 96x144 -dither -map \"$palette\" \"$file\" PNM:- | pnmtopng 2>/dev/null |'

It seems to work just as well, and it uses one less command (djpeg) and allows for filenames with spaces. What I could not find is the way to generate the correct kind of PNG file directly with convert, without the need for pnmtopng.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote