Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Want to add column to Calibre main screen

How can I add the book type (epb, azw, etc) to the Calibre user interface main screen. I can't seem to be able to find a way?

Yes, I know I could view that info in the sidebar if I choose to, but I want it in the main screen so that I can sort by the column and select a certain type of book in sequence, to convert in bulk rather than one by one.

Hope this can be done and if not I hope the feature will be added.

Thanks for reading.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
How can I add the book type (epb, azw, etc) to the Calibre user interface main screen. I can't seem to be able to find a way?

Yes, I know I could view that info in the sidebar if I choose to, but I want it in the main screen so that I can sort by the column and select a certain type of book in sequence, to convert in bulk rather than one by one.

Thanks for reading.
You can Search by format (or use the Tag Browser): format:EPUB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 04:18 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post

Thanks for reading.
Click on preferences -> add your own columns. Click the green "plus" button to add a new column, then click on the "Formats" link.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
rwmcafee
Connoisseur
rwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it is

Device: none
I think that I'm missing something here. There is a Format column already available. If it isn't already showing, right click on the column titles and select Format. It will now show you all of the formats that your books have.
rwmcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmcafee View Post
I think that I'm missing something here. There is a Format column already available. If it isn't already showing, right click on the column titles and select Format. It will now show you all of the formats that your books have.
Format is not a Default column.
If you have created one, you can show or Hide, just like any other column
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
rwmcafee
Connoisseur
rwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it is

Device: none
LOL. I must be really getting old. I didn't remember actually adding the formats column so long ago. But, after looking at the add quick column formats, I then remembered that I did add it sometime early last year. Oh well!
rwmcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
IowaLady
IowaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Take a look at the Calibre User Manual--Start > Tutorials at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html . I think it has all the instructions you need -- under Setup.
IowaLady is offline   Reply With Quote