Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Smile Can I change heading font size in Calibre?

I am new to Calibre having always used BookDesigner and would like some help with changing the font size on chapter headings.

I am converting RTF books (created by Word 2003) to LRF for my Sony PRS 505 bookreader.

I am not technical and know nothing about HTML, CSS, plugins etc.

I have set up a style in Word for the chapter heading and have now got Calibre successfully generating the TOC.

I would like to know how I can change the size of the font of the chapter heading generated by Calibre. No matter how I change the style in my document the size generated by Calibre is always the same and for me it is too large as many of my chapter headings are spread over two lines which I think is ugly.

The font generated by Calibre for the body of text is perfect and I would not want to change that, just the size of the heading generated. Ideally I would like it to be the same size as the body of text but in Bold.

I would be grateful if someone could explain how to do this in very simple terms - I have no technical knowledge of how convertions are done and do not understand most of the options in Calibre.

I am sorry if I am repeating a question asked elsewhere, I have done a search on the site and can find no help on this so hopefully someone can help me.
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved. Not a development topic.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Try experimenting with the values in the 'Font size key' box on the Convert - Look&Feel page when you convert RTF to LRF. The relevant bit of the User Manual is here. However, if you just want the headings to be the same size as the body text then it should be straightforward
e.g. if the setting you have in the 'Base font size' box is 12pt then set all 8 values in the 'Font size key' box to 12. As for the bold headings, if they are bold in the RTF they should come out bold in the converted book.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Thank you very much jackie, at last I can get it looking the way I want it. I have been playing around with this for ages without much luck.
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote