Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
Su-Shee
Su-Shee began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Waiting since Star Trek... ;)

Well, we got one Iliad in our household - which definitely isn't enough for two people reading.

So I'm saving to buy a second one - if I check the hardware specs, I guess it would be a second Iliad.

But no technical device since my first cell phone has found its way so fast in my every day life, that's really interesting.

And E-Bookreaders are something I literally have been waiting for since I saw the first FLAT Star Trek tablet..

I'm especially interested in the Hanlin as a cheaper alternative to the Iliad.

For the Sony Reader I don't care much here in Europe anyway.

Ok, if I'm honest, I want them all. For comparsion.
Su-Shee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
MissLissa
Enthusiast
MissLissa has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS 500/Palm Tungsten E2
Hi! I so agree with you - I want to see them all. I have been reading on my Palm for years, and can hardly wait until my Sony Reader gets here.

I'm still waiting for my personal flitter/flyer to go along with my reader, but I think that will probably take much more time.
MissLissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The Sony Reader found its way into daily use faster than my first cell phone did. The only electronics that came close (ok, surpassed the Reader) was my first calculator that I got when I started on my MBA.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I agree, I started using my Reader right away. It's because of this forum and the tools to convert content that I was able to use the Sony and the reason I purchased it. I had content I could read, but not in LRF format. But because of Book Designer, I was able to get some of it over to the Sony. And now I can use libprs500 or Book Designer to convert my content and It's great to do so.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I agree, I started using my Reader right away. It's because of this forum and the tools to convert content that I was able to use the Sony and the reason I purchased it. I had content I could read, but not in LRF format. But because of Book Designer, I was able to get some of it over to the Sony. And now I can use libprs500 or Book Designer to convert my content and It's great to do so.
Totally agree Jon! Without the tools I found available on this forum I'd probably not have used the Reader as much, they've helped tremendously!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2007, 06:10 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
Totally agree Jon! Without the tools I found available on this forum I'd probably not have used the Reader as much, they've helped tremendously!
Without the tools available here, I would not have purchased a reader at all. The tools do help a lot in the tower of ebable. It means I can convert enough content to not have to be beholden to Sony for DRM laden books.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote