Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Cervine
Cervine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Downloading News to Kindle with Calibre

I have a problem with using Calibre to download newspapers to my Kindle 3. I set it to download automatically to the Kindle. The job appears to complete but an error message appears with the heading Failed to email book. The body of the message says failed to email the Guardian to my Kindle address. Clicking the delete x on the error message box results in the process of downloading carrying on and the paper ends up on my Kindle. What am I doing wrong?
Cervine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Paste the actual error message in here. Can you email books to your Kindle without error?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
Cervine

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Below is the best I can do by way of sending the actual message. This is what I got when I clicked on Copy to Clipboard.

calibre, version 0.7.57
ERROR: Failed to email book: <b>Failed</b>: Email Telegraph.co.uk to c@kindle.com

Starting job: Email Telegraph.co.uk to c@kindle.com
connect: (u'smtp.gmail.com', 587)
connect: (587, u'smtp.gmail.com')

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 50, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 80, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Retrying in 301 seconds...

connect: (u'smtp.gmail.com', 587)
connect: (587, u'smtp.gmail.com')
Job: "Email Telegraph.co.uk to c@kindle.com" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 50, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 80, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Called with args: (u'c:\\users\\c\\appdata\\local\\temp\\calibre_0.7 .57_tmp_d42zj1\\calibre_0.7.57_kevl3y.mobi', u'Telegraph.co.uk.mobi', u'c@kindle.com', u'News: Telegraph.co.uk', u'Attached is the Telegraph.co.uk periodical downloaded by calibre.') {u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x09C92080>, u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x09C910B0>, u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x09C91230>}

Last edited by Cervine; 04-26-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That message often comes up when a firewall or something similar is blocking connection to the email server. If you have a firewall running on your network or your computer, check the settings to see if Calibre is allowed access.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Cervine

No luck with the Firewall suggestion. Calibre is allowed access.
Advert
Old 04-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I have exactly the same problem, on the Kindle, the address used for sending is allowed, everything is working if i just send it to my other normal address... Only my Kindle address seems not to accept these mails... Who else has these problems?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote