Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #1
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
App of the Day 11/17

Today's app of the Days is Enhanced Mail:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...8&ref=mas_faad
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
A suggestion. You'd get more responses if you placed this thread in the Android or Deals Forums.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
Today's app of the Days is Enhanced Mail:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...8&ref=mas_faad
I went ahead and got this app, but I can't find any way to import contacts. Weird. Without that, it's less useful than the free one that came with the Fire.
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiebegood View Post
I went ahead and got this app, but I can't find any way to import contacts. Weird. Without that, it's less useful than the free one that came with the Fire.
I couldn't get it to validate my Gmail account. I think it is a poor app. The ratings only give it 3 stars. I uninstalled it after a few minutes of frustration.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
A suggestion. You'd get more responses if you placed this thread in the Android or Deals Forums.
I like it here but maybe a thread for all the new KF apps instead of separate threads. It's works with the Fire. Not all giveaways may be Fire compatible so it's nice to see the ones that are.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I couldn't get it to validate my Gmail account. I think it is a poor app. The ratings only give it 3 stars. I uninstalled it after a few minutes of frustration.
It works for me. It much nicer than the default email app! It actually shows my mail. I can't get the default one to show all mail.

All I did was put my gmail address + password in and then on the next screen I added My account name + send name.

I know it isn't getting great reviews but these people have access to other apps that the Fire doesn't but I am happy to have this for Free! It's really nice. The stock email app is sucky.

I think I was right we are going to see some nice apps given away this week!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It works for me. It much nicer than the default email app! It actually shows my mail. I can't get the default one to show all mail.

All I did was put my gmail address + password in and then on the next screen I added My account name + send name.

I know it isn't getting great reviews but these people have access to other apps that the Fire doesn't but I am happy to have this for Free! It's really nice. The stock email app is sucky.

I think I was right we are going to see some nice apps given away this week!
It simply refused to accept my gmail address and PW. I tried several times, and I retyped it at least three times to make certain it was entered correctly.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I like it here but maybe a thread for all the new KF apps instead of separate threads. It's works with the Fire. Not all giveaways may be Fire compatible so it's nice to see the ones that are.
I would only go for a KF free apps thread for just apps that are only compatible with the KF or free if you own a KF. Otherwise, just have a thread in the Android section.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It simply refused to accept my gmail address and PW. I tried several times, and I retyped it at least three times to make certain it was entered correctly.
Are you putting in the full address?
like user @ gmail.com without spacing.

My guess it's the password. Perhaps you use characters in yours like I do in some of mine maybe it only takes letters & numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would only go for a KF free apps thread for just apps that are only compatible with the KF or free if you own a KF. Otherwise, just have a thread in the Android section.
That is what I said. A thread in here for Kindle Fire Apps that are free giveaways. I know in the deals section they have cut down on what can be posted there. There use to be one for the Android apps but it was abandon when they changed all the rules.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Are you putting in the full address?
like user @ gmail.com without spacing.

My guess it's the password. Perhaps you use characters in yours like I do in some of mine maybe it only takes letters & numbers?

That is what I said. A thread in here for Kindle Fire Apps that are free giveaways. I know in the deals section they have cut down on what can be posted there. There use to be one for the Android apps but it was abandon when they changed all the rules.
I got it to work. Apparently I was having multiple brain-farts and typing the PW in incorrectly. Duh!!!! I hate getting old.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I got it to work. Apparently I was having multiple brain-farts and typing the PW in incorrectly. Duh!!!! I hate getting old.
Same here! I will be 34 on the 29th

I am happy you got it working because It's a nice app but themes don't work so stuck with the dark theme but it's not too bad.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I know in the deals section they have cut down on what can be posted there. There use to be one for the Android apps but it was abandon when they changed all the rules.
Abandoned only because the links were affiliate links. There is nothing in the rules preventing someone from maintaining that thread or starting a new one without affiliate links.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Whatever. It really doesn't matter where it is. It was just a suggestion for more participation since the app store isn't exclusive to the Fire. Due to the fractured nature of MobileRead, it could just as easily be placed in at least 10 different forums/sub-forums without violating the rules.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Whatever. It really doesn't matter where it is. It was just a suggestion for more participation since the app store isn't exclusive to the Fire. Due to the fractured nature of MobileRead, it could just as easily be placed in at least 10 different forums/sub-forums without violating the rules.
Not everyone goes to that section that owns a Fire. I don't see posting every app giveaway here just the Kindle Fire compatible ones preferably in one big thread.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I think we can agree that the rules not only were changed, but they were changed in a way that reminds us of a train smashing a car stuck on the tracks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote