Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Exciting Kobo Announcement (09/22/11 2:30 EST)

According to the official Kobo blog:

Quote:
Kobo will have some exciting news to share with our customers and fans. Stay tuned to the blog and watch for news at 2:30 EST!
Any ideas?
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Libary lending seems to be the flavour of the month ? Or perhaps a new nook colour I've heard thats just around the corner
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Or perhaps a new nook colour I've heard thats just around the corner
Kobo would be announcing the Nook Colour?

A library would be nice. I don't like seeing the Kindle get all the love.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Perhaps their new self-publishing program (which Michael Serbinis did mention was in the works.) Right now indie authors have to go through Smashwords to get their books on Kobo and that can take a lot of time and cause delays with distribution and pricing changes.

We can already access library books through Kobo/Overdrive, have been able to since the first Kobo was made available, so I doubt it's that.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here I am looking for what was announced yesterday as my calendar puts the date as 22. When I checked the blog, the date of the announcement is today 22 Sep.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Seeing as how I just upgraded my Kobo Wifi to a Kobo Touch a month ago, I'm really hoping it's not a new e-reader. Gotta give me at least a few months of having the most up-to-date one before I start feeling outdated again.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They wouldn't dare announce another reader unless it was a high-end unit of some kind. It would cannibalize their KT sales otherwise. I think the smart money's on melmac's library guess.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #8
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
How about being able to lend books to friends? Didn't they say earlier in the year, it would be coming this fall?
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
Here I am looking for what was announced yesterday as my calendar puts the date as 22. When I checked the blog, the date of the announcement is today 22 Sep.
Oops, my mistake. Yes, the announcement will be today (Sept. 22). The Sept. 21 date is a typo on my part.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
I would really like to see the update being firmware 2.0 including things like being able to organize your library into shelves, expanded reading life (like their iphone app) and library lending would be great too!

Hope that's not being too greedy!
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's already past 2:30. Did you mean 14:30?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1192 View Post
I would really like to see the update being firmware 2.0 including things like being able to organize your library into shelves, expanded reading life (like their iphone app) and library lending would be great too!

Hope that's not being too greedy!
not being too greedy but i highly doubt they'd make a blog announcement saying to come back at 230 est to see that we are giving you a new firmware update.

usually stuff like that gets tossed into the forum and we all go from there.

if it is a firmware update it will probably be some significant enhanced features since it warranted a blog post with date and time.

i dunno, but i'll definitely be checking back at 230.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #13
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
from the blog

Kobo will have some exciting news to share with our customers and fans.
Stay tuned to the blog and watch for news at 2:30 EST!

my guess is they forgot the pm :P
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #14
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am going to guess the release of a windows phone 7.5 app.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan

Does anyone really use Windows phone? I thought the market was pretty much shared by Apple, Android and Blackberry. Windows-based phones have always been crap and there is no traction whatsoever on that platform. I can't see it being that.