Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
ssachida
ssachida began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
importing drm'ed pdf to calibre

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been addressed, though i could find the relevant ticket myself.

The issue I'm having is that I can't seem to import DRM'd pdf files into calibre. I'm running calibre v0.6.8 on a mac OSX 10.5.x. I've had no problem importing ePub, LRF or mobi DRM'd files, and no problem with non-drm pdf.

The drm'd pdf was downloaded from booksonboard and it can be viewed both on ADE and on the Sony reader itself.

The error i get when importing the book to calibre is:

WARNING: Failed to read metadata: Failed to read metadata from the following:
North_East__Indias_Paradox_Worth_Visiting.pdf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/add.pyo", line 95, in add
File "calibre/ebooks/metadata/opf2.pyo", line 454, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/folders/Uv/UvL6-iUbFBeiKyuASJ8G0U+++TI/-Tmp-/calibre_0.6.8_sVHWBe_rm_worker/0.opf'

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by ssachida; 08-25-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: added calibre and os version
ssachida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Calibre can't open drm'ed files, epub or mobi as far as I am aware. I did think it could import them and send themto the reader though.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's not an error, its a warning which means that calibre could not read metadata from the PDF file. It should still have been imported.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
ssachida
ssachida began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Thumbs up

thanks. it did import it. i guess i was confused, because it doesn't give me a warning and can open drm'd ePub files fine. anyway, thanks a ton. and let me add my voice to everyone who says 'great job, great product'.
ssachida is offline   Reply With Quote