Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
leo315
Edge User

Keyboard Case (currently for ipad) - very nice idea

Very nice idea. Here the article:
The iPad and the Rise of the Keyboard Case

http://theappleblog.com/2010/09/23/t...keyboard-case/

Product links:
http://www.senacases.com/apple/apple...eyboard-folio/
http://us.kensington.com/html/17835.html

Old 09-24-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User

I do not see how something like that would work for the eDGe. With the whole dual-screen orientation, attaching a keyboard case to it would be more than cumbersome and frustrating to use than beneficial. I'm currently using the "Mini Slim Chocolate Keyboard" I bought off of Amazon for $15 and it's PERFECT for the eDGE because it's just as small and can fit inside the M-Edge case along with the eDGe itself for a snug fit.

And best of all, it's completely optional!!! If I don't like it and don't want to use it, I simply leave it in the case and go about my day. BUT, if I want the option of using a physical keyboard that does not ruin the overall intention and design of the eDGe and is just as light-weight, then I've got a wonderful accessory that maximizes the overall usefulness of the eDGe.

Now if only the eDGe would allow for blue-tooth keyboards instead of only USB.....

Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #3
leo315
Edge User

It is the challenge of taking a good idea and bring further into a new dimension, which would be in our case the EE.

A case like this with integrated yet detachable keyboard, could be use for the touch screen only, and the eink screen is fold away/behind (netbook mode).
Or the case could be used as proper stand for a dual screen usage (dual screen mode).

Old 09-24-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo315 View Post
It is the challenge of taking a good idea and bring further into a new dimension, which would be in our case the EE.

A case like this with integrated yet detachable keyboard, could be use for the touch screen only, and the eink screen is fold away/behind (netbook mode).
Or the case could be used as proper stand for a dual screen usage (dual screen mode).
Point taken. I've actually been looking for something like that as well, but for the moment the vendors only (worship) cater to the Ipad and the Kindle with a little love for the Nook.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User

It's just a bluetooth keyboard. As soon as they get bluetooth keyboards working on Android/edge there wouldn't be anything to prevent this. I already have a mini bluetooth keyboard reserved for the edge just waiting for the event to occur.

Advert