Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Weird Kindle DX bug (possibly calibre related) Italics/Bold

So I added couple of books to calibre, did the automatic conversion to mobi (one was an RTF source, the other LRF) and Italics on the kindle show up weird

Kind of like this

Kindle screenshot http://i.imgur.com/WCCIN.gif

Has anyone else encountered this?

Last edited by Andybaby; 02-14-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
So I added couple of books to calibre, did the automatic conversion to mobi (one was an RTF source, the other LRF) and Italics on the kindle show up weird

Kind of like this

Reasonable (this is how it looks in calibre preview and source books)

Reasonable Is how it looks on the DX.

Has anyone else encountered this?
For more information, you can turn on 'debug' mode in calibre (one of the option sets on the convert screen) and look at the intermediate HTML files following conversion.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle screenshot http://i.imgur.com/WCCIN.gif

Debuged xhtml from calibre at the processed step, also looks the same with calibres viewer as well http://i.imgur.com/3xUGJ.png

Code snippet at processed step http://i.imgur.com/Xz8an.png

Last edited by Andybaby; 02-14-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #4
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
I got this too, it happened after 2.5.7 firmware update, called kindle support... they just had me do a reset of the device a few times and it magically fixed it...

Just hold the power switch for like 30 seconds and let it reboot, if it's not fixed try it again.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by curstpriest View Post
I got this too, it happened after 2.5.7 firmware update, called kindle support... they just had me do a reset of the device a few times and it magically fixed it...

Just hold the power switch for like 30 seconds and let it reboot, if it's not fixed try it again.
Like magic it worked. What an odd bug.

Thanks a lot.
Advert