Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Download free eReader app, get a free coffee!

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...fee-ereaderapp

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/contai....asp?pid=34189

Note that Borders says "show the barista the app" and B&N says "show the barista the ebook you are reading"
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've learned a new word: I'd never heard of a "barista" before .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've learned a new word: I'd never heard of a "barista" before .
Oh, B&N calls them "Café servers"
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Very cool, I know where I will be going for my lunch break

Yeah even though Starbucks made the term popular here in the states, the origin of the word comes from Italy. Not to surprising here, I once read an article where Schultz(Starbucks' CEO) mentioned he once visited Italy and loved the Italian cafe experience and wanted the bring that culture in Starbucks.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Very cool, I know where I will be going for my lunch break

Yeah even though Starbucks made the term popular here in the states, the origin of the word comes from Italy. Not to surprising here, I once read an article where Schultz(Starbucks' CEO) mentioned he once visited Italy and loved the Italian cafe experience and wanted the bring that culture in Starbucks.
If it's Italian, presumably a "barista" would be a woman. If it were a man it would be a "baristo".
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
If it's Italian, presumably a "barista" would be a woman. If it were a man it would be a "baristo".
True, but the English language has no gender in it's nouns. I suppose the female pronunciation won out. Personally I think "Barista" in English sounds better than "Baristo".

Here is the WIKI Barista on the origin of the word.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
Quote:
That's ok. I prefer a woman serving me my coffee anyway. Might just be a guy thing.
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:31 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
True, but the English language has no gender in it's nouns.
Not many, but it does with some - eg actor/actress, victor/victrix (although "-rix" female endings do appear to be falling out of use).