Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #466
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxpeppe View Post
Hi, I've tryed to install koreader (old version) on my kobo aura hd (with kobo launcher installed)... but now it goes in an infinite loop restarting... I've pressed the reset button for ten secondo also, but it doesn't do nothing...

even if it is plug in into pc it doesn't do nothing...How can I do????
Hi, the old version is only for firmware 2.5.2 and older. It looks like you're trying to use it on a newer firmware, and it can't actually work. The only solution is a factory reset -- look at the post above, on the aura hd it is exactly the same to trigger it as on the glo.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #467
tuxpeppe
tuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: kobo aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Try to press the pinhole you can see in the bottom part of the reader while keeping the light button pressed. Don't let go of the light button until you see on the screen that it is performing a reset.
Yesss... I love you!!!!
tuxpeppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #468
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I don't have a Glo but this is supposed to work with that as well;

First Install Markismus "1 Step Hack" https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=303

To have a starting point with the basic setup.

Then you can download the latest "Nightly Build" and Copy/Merge the koreader folder from the download, over your existing koreader folder, that was installed by the "1 Step Hack". After that copy the "KoboRoot.tgz" file to the .kobo folder, and safely eject your device from your PC and disconnect the USB cable. Then you should see your device display a message that it is updating. This is just like you would have done following the instructions for the 1 Step Hack.

http://code.google.com/p/koreader-pa...downloads/list

Be sure and get the one with Kobo in its name.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-01-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #469
blablub
blablub began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you for help.

Factory reset works. I pressed the light button after i press the pinhole, that was the mistake.

Installed it again, it was the same situation.

BUT, i found a way to open the menu: poking in the upper third with tree fingers. Nice gesture

Is this a "normal" issue or is there a problem with my installation? Have firmeware 2.8.1 and used fmon to start the KOreader. Telnet and ftp were enabled first.

Also the on-off switch seems to work only sometimes. I try to find out details.
blablub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #470
blablub
blablub began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
@Ken: I did it again with the 1-step hack. KOreader works like i told above.

The Louncher is nice (expect the license / registration!), don't know it until now.

Let me say that i like the work you do. For me its a step in the right direction to more open ereader and better software (every of the aktual ereader i know have some issues i realy dont like) and i hope you don't stop working on it (or help me, if there is a problem with my installation procedure ).
blablub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #471
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablub View Post
@Ken: I did it again with the 1-step hack. KOreader works like i told above.

The Louncher is nice (expect the license / registration!), don't know it until now.

Let me say that i like the work you do. For me its a step in the right direction to more open ereader and better software (every of the aktual ereader i know have some issues i realy dont like) and i hope you don't stop working on it (or help me, if there is a problem with my installation procedure ).
All I have done is attempt to describe how the work of others here can be used to accomplish something. There are others here who have actually created the software, mods, hacks and developed the magic that we use on our devices. All I am is a fellow user who is willing to describe what I have done to get things working for me. I can describe what should work based on my experience. I can sometimes figure out what might be preventing others from having the same success I am having, but I have to depend on the descriptions of the problem and reports of the results of attempts others are making.

It may take someone with a Glo to notice the real problem.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-01-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #472
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
This morning I read the following line in defaults.lua:
-- DjVu page rendering mode (used in djvu.c:drawPage())
-- See comments in djvureader.luaJVUReader:select_render_mode()
DRENDER_MODE = 0 -- 0 is COLOUR
Would this enable you to switch to B&W?

As for non-bitonal DjVu-files: The cover image of "Rene Descartes The Philosophical Writings of Descartes Volume I 1985" is in color and it gets rendered without problems. Does that answer your question?
Rendering a colour cover "without problems" has no bearing on the fact that when every normal page has a background then rendering it in colour mode makes it practically unreadable (i.e. most books from archive.org, but practically no modern books on physics/mathematics which is most of my e-library --- this explains why I didn't bother to port the rendering mode switch code myself).

Yes, changing DRENDER_MODE = 1 should switch it to B&W. But then the colour (or greyscale) pictures embedded on a page of text will disappear, beware.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #473
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by blablub View Post
Now my kobo is stucked, i see the FileManager witch shows some direktorys but i can't do anything, exept to reboot through using the pinhole and turn on and off the light.
I've experienced the same issue using the latest fmon and ANY koreader version on my Kobo Mini (both under 2.6.1 and 2.8.1 fw). After the install the reader responded really strange to touches (I think the touch zones have shifted maybe), and resetting the mini just stucked the device to Koreader's File manager - there was no way to exit into the native system. I wasn't able to do a hard reset using power slide and pinhole on the back, so I've to took apart my mini and delete the launcher scripts manually from SD card. Using KoboLauncher made the same result.
The solution was using Markismus '1-Step-Hack'. After installing it everything works like a charm - even after overwriting the original koreader directory with the latest nigthly build files.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #474
Ken Maltby
Wizard

So... pretty much as mentioned in post #468, above?

At least we can now be sure it works for the Mini., as well as the AuraHD.
Perhaps not for the Glo? Is the Glo a Mark 3 or Mark 4 device?

The current version of the Launcher uses the current version of fmon.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-02-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #475
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've got some fixes for input that I'm about to merge. This should solve the issue with the unresponsive screen.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #476
giorgio130
Time Waster

Input fixes are in! This should solve some problems. I'm trying to solve the other outstanding bug with koreader being automatically launched at boot, but I think for that I'll have to dig into file monitor's source.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #477
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think it's something that touches the trigger file from fmon. The approach to start things the way fmon does is somewhat problematic, I think. I thought about a re-implementation or a set of patches to make it more sophisticated - e.g. using only one start file and present its own menu, preventing multiple concurrent triggered processes, and so on.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #478
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi all,

I tried to install latest nightly to my Kobo Touch (first hardware) and was not afraid to make a factory reset

I was deceived two times :
* First as expected it doesn't work : I only see the filemanager but I can't do anything else
* Second I didn't had to do a factory reset :P A long press to the on/off switch to force it poweroff and a small one after to boot it make it work again.

I'm really thrilled to test it !
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #479
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I don't have a Glo but this is supposed to work with that as well;

First Install Markismus "1 Step Hack" https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=303

To have a starting point with the basic setup.

Then you can download the latest "Nightly Build" and Copy/Merge the koreader folder from the download, over your existing koreader folder, that was installed by the "1 Step Hack". After that copy the "KoboRoot.tgz" file to the .kobo folder, and safely eject your device from your PC and disconnect the USB cable. Then you should see your device display a message that it is updating. This is just like you would have done following the instructions for the 1 Step Hack.

http://code.google.com/p/koreader-pa...downloads/list

Be sure and get the one with Kobo in its name.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks Ken, perfectly clear instructions for the lay user
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #480
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Hi all,

I tried to install latest nightly to my Kobo Touch (first hardware) and was not afraid to make a factory reset

I was deceived two times :
* First as expected it doesn't work : I only see the filemanager but I can't do anything else
* Second I didn't had to do a factory reset :P A long press to the on/off switch to force it poweroff and a small one after to boot it make it work again.

I'm really thrilled to test it !
If you are done testing the official release, could you try the process in post #468 above? The "1 Step Hack" is using an earlier version of fmon, as I understand it. We have the process working in the AuraHD (Dragon) and in the Mini (Pixie) but not in the Glo (Kraken), if you could report on how it works, or not with the Touch (please include the model, as well) we will know whether it can be an option for the Touch users, also.

Luck;
Ken

PS; Build 494 working on my AuraHD.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-04-2013 at 10:11 AM.