Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
On sale as of Dec 1

As of Dec 1 the PrsT1 on sale again at the Sony store & other places. It is $129.99.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666384231
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
How bizarre. That is the price they had it at about 2-3 weeks ago. So basically, they raised the price to $149 just for Black Friday, and then dropped the price again right afterward. Now that is a special kind of dumb, very special indeed. Talk about doing things bass-ackwards... As Larry the Cable Guy once said, "That's like wiping before you poop."
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
Besides the price going back down, they have also re-instated the $50 trade-in program (Until Dec. 31):

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...&cmsId=tradeup

(It's on the bottom right of the page.)

If you trade in an older reader, you can buy the PRS-T1 for $79. I am seriously considering trading in my 300.
ludovicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovicus View Post
If you trade in an older reader, you can buy the PRS-T1 for $79. I am seriously considering trading in my 300.
I am tempted to do the same with my 300, although I sometimes prefer the smaller size when out and about.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony daily edition 950
Not sure if you guys know, but if you have a .edu email address, you get 10% off, so you get it for $116.
caribbean_spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Does anyone know if the trade-in offer works for units that have a broken screen? My prs-505 screen was broken in a car accident.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
If the screen is broken they only offer free recycling.

I went through the process of trading in a reader and told it the screen was damaged.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #8
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
If the screen is broken they only offer free recycling.

I went through the process of trading in a reader and told it the screen was damaged.
Thank you, Grooks. That's unfortunate, but understandable. I wish they would put that information on their website. All it says is that they'll give $50 off with no mention of anything else.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #9
bionicJim
bionicJim began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Go to the Sony Style store

If you're lucky enough to live near a Sony Style store like the one here in Seattle at University Village, they give you a free cover when you buy the reader...the one with the light.

I just traded in my old 300 that I couldn't get anyone in the family to use.

Prs-T1 with black case + light 79.95 out the door.

And the reader is a real step above the competition.
bionicJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #10
Mobert
Enthusiast
Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicJim View Post
If you're lucky enough to live near a Sony Style store like the one here in Seattle at University Village, they give you a free cover when you buy the reader...the one with the light.

Is this deal written down anywhere? I would love the same deal!
Mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #11
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Dell.com has the PRS-T1 for $99.99 + Free ground shipping. Case with Light for $35.99.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:20 AM   #12
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaBlue View Post
Dell.com has the PRS-T1 for $99.99 + Free ground shipping. Case with Light for $35.99.
And once again the UK loses out.

No sign of the T1 on the UK Dell site, and I'm sure if there was it would be selling for £129.99 plus delivery.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #13
Mobert
Enthusiast
Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicJim View Post

Thanks for the tip. Myself and two others were able to get the deal at Valley Fair san jose!!
Mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #14
bionicJim
bionicJim began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Glad it worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobert View Post
Thanks for the tip. Myself and two others were able to get the deal at Valley Fair san jose!!
I stopped by the Sony Store Wed. 12/7 with a friend and they offered him the same deal with the newer, lower $99 price. He got the case with light thrown in for free. However, they told me that was the last day they were offering the cases for free. Glad you benefited. I love the new reader!
bionicJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
Bubble
Enthusiast
Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
PRS-T1 can be purchased with free shipping for $94.99 after using SONYLOYALTY $25 off coupon!

Worked on the Canadian site, not sure about the US one.

http://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/stor...52921666384231

Use SONYLOYALTY at checkout.

Source: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-s...oupon-1116136/
Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote