Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Sleeping Dogs (SHORT STORY)

Just a quickie

Two old friends discover that the dog isn't just man's best friend, but could be a tonic for life itself.

AVAILABLE NOW AT FEEDBOOKS IN ALL MAJOR EBOOK FORMATS

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-20-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks ! i've grabbed it. i'll read it later tonight.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
DELIGHTFUL! I read it in 5 mins, and my whole outlook for the day is brighter! THANK YOU!!!!!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
DELIGHTFUL! I read it in 5 mins, and my whole outlook for the day is brighter! THANK YOU!!!!!
oh, now i'm looking forward to it even more. i need something to brighten my day today. maybe i should stop working and read the story instead...
Old 04-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh, now i'm looking forward to it even more. i need something to brighten my day today. maybe i should stop working and read the story instead...

I'm having a bad day, lots of pain, in fact leaving work in a few mins to go home and lie down. This story made me smile and everything seems so much more magical now. Stop whatever you are doing and read it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and it could lighten and otherwise nasty day I had a lot of fun writing it too
Old 04-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'm having a bad day, lots of pain, in fact leaving work in a few mins to go home and lie down. This story made me smile and everything seems so much more magical now. Stop whatever you are doing and read it.
good advice. sounds like just what i need. i'm going to finish what i'm in the middle of and take a "short story break".

i hope you feel better, DG.

and thanks moejoe for the brightener-upper.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

i read this last night and i agree with dg, it will cheer up anyone (even a cat lover ) ! thanks moejoe for this, it was just what i needed. (and just so you know, it works with cats too. )
Old 04-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
i read this last night and i agree with dg, it will cheer up anyone (even a cat lover ) ! thanks moejoe for this, it was just what i needed. (and just so you know, it works with cats too. )
I've only written about cats a few times, as in my family there's been a kind of...well, let's say not so nice history with our feline chums (a long and bitter history when it comes to cats)
Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I've only written about cats a few times, as in my family there's been a kind of...well, let's say not so nice history with our feline chums (a long and bitter history when it comes to cats)
i noticed there was a very nice cat in midnight in paris...
Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
i noticed there was a very nice cat in midnight in paris...
I'm still wondering who that Cat is, and why she was there? I think maybe she has a story of her own to tell at some point in the future. I'll just have to keep my ear open for her purring
Old 04-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I'm still wondering who that Cat is, and why she was there? I think maybe she has a story of her own to tell at some point in the future. I'll just have to keep my ear open for her purring
i think she does too. i'm looking forward to reading it.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
O.K., I'm back and trying to catch up on all the posts around here I've barely gotten through part of them...

I loved "Sleeping Dogs"! I could just picture those guys talking, walking, etc., as I read the story. (Well, for some reason my mind created it's own picture of that guy laying on the floor and sleeping like a dog as his legs twitch and jerk)

Like DixieGal said, it made me smile also.

I'm eagerly awaiting your collection....
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
O.K., I'm back and trying to catch up on all the posts around here I've barely gotten through part of them...

I loved "Sleeping Dogs"! I could just picture those guys talking, walking, etc., as I read the story. (Well, for some reason my mind created it's own picture of that guy laying on the floor and sleeping like a dog as his legs twitch and jerk)

Like DixieGal said, it made me smile also.

I'm eagerly awaiting your collection....
Thanks for reading, glad the story could make you smile (as it made me smile when writing it) I'm hoping to get everything out before the end of this month, but that's a hope... I'm still deciding which stories to include in Small Victories, and that list changes every day.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #15
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
haha I just read Sleeping Dogs and loved it!

Its so short that I read it on screen rather than transferring it across to my iLiad.

I've just downloaded Midnight in Paris from Feedbooks and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Actually, I've started reading, can't stop... have to keep reading... Mona Lisa, Louvre here and gone, night, cat... be back in a while...
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote