Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2015, 03:29 PM   #1
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx InkBook, Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8
T61-D on InkBook

Two issues that may be related:

I currently have the InkBook with the latest updates installed. I have seen in other posts that it is identified hardware wise as a T61-D, would there be any advantage in flashing the Boyue firmware over the InkBook firmware?

Do any of the T61-D images allow the backlight to be turned down lower than stock or are there any other fixes for this, aside from AIReader?
Right now on the lowest setting, it is about twice as bright as my old Nook Glowlight on minimum.
mising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:24 PM   #2
mising
Enthusiast

Went ahead and flashed it without any issues.
It defaulted to Chinese, so I had to poke around a bit to find the language settings.
Launcher-wise there is little difference aside from a few apps and menu items still being Chinese only.

The good news is although the backlight is not any dimmer, the flickering is gone!

The bad news is I still cannot seem to get Google Play Store to work. I still get the "No Connection Retry" error. Market Helper does not work, I get an error, but due to the white text on white background I do not know what it is. Has anyone been able to get Google Play Store to work on any T61 variant? If so, how?

Last edited by mising; 10-31-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
mising
Enthusiast

To get around the Google Play Store issue, I have been backing up my apps that I have already paid for on my other tablet using Titanium backup, then transferring the backups to my InkBook and use Titanium to restore them. It's a little clunky but it works.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
I have a T61 I think B or C (wayteq xbook) and for me play store is working good, initially installed with the e-reader kit from this forum that installs root, play store and xposed but now I switched to FOV's custom ROM port from C67ML and that has play store pre-installed.
You could also try to get the latest apk for flashfire and install that then use flashfire to flash a 4.2 gapps zip but I really would recommend switching to FOV's ROM because that has "no refresh" mode and fixed most black on black/white on white issues.
Or wait for a while as I plan to release my own thing, have given up on trying to build CM or zip-port it because it seems I just lack the needed rk knowledge and even after researching things I still didn't manage to fix my problems (either not booting or no display-even with the right modules in place) but am modifying the C67ML firmware myself to add some AOSP type features and other tweaks. But then again don't expect that to be soon as I don't have a lot of free time to tinker with this and at the same time trying to build some things for my old tablet.
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 AM   #5
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Gonyx for T61D from link
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
mising
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Gonyx for T61D from link
Just installed this and I really like it thank you! A couple of questions though:
1-in the status bar between the refresh icon and the recent apps icon, there is a rectangle with a left and right arrow in it. When I click it they change to a plus and minus symbol but nothing else happens. What is the purpose of this icon?

2-How do I adjust the backlight brightness?

Thanks again, and the new recovery option is excellent!

Last edited by mising; 11-08-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:36 AM   #7
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mising View Post
How do I adjust the backlight brightness?
Tap on Сlock in status bar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mising View Post
What is the purpose of this icon?
Click on page turning buttons, to see the effect.
Where turning the pages keys Volume UP and Volume Down - may come in handy

Last edited by FOV; 11-09-2015 at 06:43 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #8
mising
Enthusiast

Quote:
Tap on Сlock in status bar
Click on page turning buttons, to see the effect.
Where turning the pages keys Volume UP and Volume Down - may come in handy
Sweet! This ROM just keeps getting awesomer and awesomer!
Old 12-10-2015, 04:41 AM   #9
codemarauder
codemarauder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Play Store not working and few more issues

Quote:
Gonyx for T61D from link
Thanks for this ROM.

I have flashed my inkbook Onyx 6" Carta with it within a week of receiving it and am happy that I can use standard FBReader. Frontlight is softer to my liking too.

The problem is, Google Play Store says it can't connect to the Internet and asks me to retry. Is there a workaround to that problem?

Also, I need to install Kindle app on the device. I tried doing it with Mobogenie app store (spammy, i know), but Kindle app could never start and crashes.

I also seem to have lost root access to the device after I reset in an attempt to see if Kindle app can work.

Since, inkBook doesn't have any audio out, and I am not using this device as a tablet, I would also want to remove a lot of games which have come pre-bundled.

Any help on the above would be highly appreciated.

If you need any debug details from ADB, do let me know.

Cheers!
codemarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:42 AM   #10
codemarauder
codemarauder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post

I also seem to have lost root access to the device after I reset in an attempt to see if Kindle app can work.
An update:

Reflashed with the Recovery_&_PC image and got the root access back.

Rest of the issues are still there.
codemarauder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backlight, inkbook, t61-d