Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Drop-in Icon Replacement Sets

Ever since version 0.7.10 you have been able to replace the icons in calibre with icons of your own choosing. I looked around and found three partial or complete icon set replacements for calibre's default set. If anyone else has created a set I would love to know and add them to this list.

Personally I found the set for Ubuntu to be a nice change of pace. It did cause me to move the Search history and Quick preference plugins from the main toolbar to the optional text menu bar so the icons wouldn't clash.
Quote:
Release: 0.7.10 [23 Jul, 2010]

New Features
Change your Calibre look and feel with Sphere 1.2 Calibre Set: Sphere 1.2 Calibre Set is a bundle of icons, designed with usage-under-Calibre in mind, allowing users to visually refine the full-fledged utility. The Sphere icons present the user a rounded icon style with multiple used colors and a care for details, while retaining usability (being easily identifiable as their intended purpose) and a pleasant-to-the-eye look & feel.

Gnome-friendly icon set. This is the partial set that inspired Kovid to add the user customization of icons feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishSexy View Post
Calibre can look a bit out of place on a gnome desktop due to the oxygen icons that come bundled with it. I've put together a partial replacement icon theme based on Tango and Humanity. Enjoy!
[How to] Make e-book app ‘Calibre’ look nicer in Ubuntu. This easy on the eyes icon set is a drop-in replacement for the calibre icons.

Metro Skin icon set. The actual icon set is attached to this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppa View Post
I am big fan of the clean monochromatic look of Metro UI (used in Windows Phone 7). I have skinned about 80% of Calibre on the same principle and here are the results.
Pyroflash has created two drop-in icon sets Calibre Circle_UI and Calibre Square UI.

alfatreze has put together an icon set he calls CALIBRE Monstre and describes the set as a flat color, stylized theme, based off the lovely icons by iconmonstr.

Update: Added a new look at my library as of April 2014.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	5269
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	77417   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_Apr2014.jpg
Views:	4265
Size:	611.3 KB
ID:	121439  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-28-2014 at 12:30 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:21 AM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
full sets + simple instructions ,or an installer/uninstaller ( with option to revert to default icons), would be great for lazy folks like me to check out the options
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
full sets + simple instructions ,or an installer/uninstaller ( with option to revert to default icons), would be great for lazy folks like me to check out the options
I believe all you have to do is switch to the Resources/Images folder in the Calibre Configuration Directory and delete those that do not please your eye , the default for those will then be used.
If you forced them into the Calibre's (program) resources folder, they will be overwritten on the next update
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #4
borax12
borax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenborax12 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: kindle
Smile Calibre Mono Icon theme - Download

The Mono Icon theme is a set of minimal icons for giving the smooth flattened look to Calibre.

Instructions for usage are found here in the calibre manual.

For screenshots , see the attachments
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Main Page display.jpg
Views:	3288
Size:	375.0 KB
ID:	118631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Config screen.jpg
Views:	1593
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	118632   Click image for larger version

Name:	icon set.jpg
Views:	2229
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	118633  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mono Icon theme.zip (1.24 MB, 1166 views)

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-02-2014 at 10:36 AM.
borax12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #5
LikeBooks
LikeBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, PRS+
Calibre in Ubuntu Style

Sphere 1.2 - Calibre Set by Potzblitz7 / iloveubuntu
Download: http://potzblitz7.deviantart.com/art...-Set-331822022
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	iconspreview.JPG
Views:	1965
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	134096  
Attached Files
File Type: zip sphere_1_2___calibre_set_by_potzblitz7-d5hk3ie.zip (8.83 MB, 812 views)

Last edited by LikeBooks; 01-23-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: [Broken links removed]
LikeBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
dylan_k
dylan_k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Numix Theme for Calibre

I found another set of icons for Calibre here
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...content=168291
Attached Files
File Type: zip calibre_numix_1.01.zip (2.20 MB, 919 views)
dylan_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:24 AM   #7
barlowrm
barlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beautybarlowrm does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle
Dear all,

not sure if this is the correct place to report it, but after the "10th birthday" update, the drop-in icon sets I tried (monstre, sphere, dark blue) fail to replace the "Remove books" icon.

Andrea.
barlowrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrm View Post
Dear all,

not sure if this is the correct place to report it, but after the "10th birthday" update, the drop-in icon sets I tried (monstre, sphere, dark blue) fail to replace the "Remove books" icon.

Andrea.
Been reported, but it turns out (also has been posted) that this is a NEW icon (usage) name.

Make a copy of the Icon (or create a new design) and give it that name and add that to the Icon set
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote