Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
JimCuk
Enthusiast
JimCuk began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500
Its amazing

I have got my PRS today and its amazing. Im UK based and it came with only £13 customs charges I love the ebay guy who marked its value as $100 how cool?

Anyway the machine itself has to saw to be beleived. I've already converted loads of PDFs using FrasterFarian (Thank you Alex_D) Its a brilliant app for conversions They now look crisp and perfect.

PS Alex do you have a paypal account so I can make a small donation as a thank you for the program and you hard work making it?

Looking forward to getting involved in the community and recommending books and programs as I test them out.

Many thanks to MobileRead and Alex.

Jim
JimCuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's excellent, Jim. I had to pay £67 in various duties on mine .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
JimCuk
Enthusiast

I got lucky and it came through USPS global express then thank god it went Royal Mail. Had parcel force deliver a watch to me once with a £20 (or so) handling fee, that at the time was WAY more than the customs charge itself. Very annoying!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that's exactly what my problem was. My Reader was posted via USPS but, when it reached the UK, it finished up with ParcelForce rather than the Post Office. My charges were £45 VAT and import duty, and a £22 "processing charge" by ParcelForce themselves.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
JimCuk
Enthusiast

Its just crazy eh? ParcelFarce! :-P

Oh well least we are both kitted out now!
Advert
Old 01-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Very well worthwhile, though. I've had my Reader for a couple of months now, and I love it. I don't think you'll regret buying one.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Congrats on the purchase Jim, welcome to the site.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new reader. Its great to see someone else enjoying the device as much as I do. Mind you, as the days go by you will find the rough edges that really annoy. However, as the first of what I hope will be a line of constantly improving e-ink readers I think this is a great first step.

Enjoy and keep your eye on this forum. The people around here have a wealth of know how.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote