Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Compatible with PRS600?

I have did a quick search here and at kovidgoyal.net but don't see for sure weather Calibre supports the new PRS600. Does it? I just bought one and it will arrive tomorrow, but was wondering about that. I hate the Sony software and almost use Calibre exclusively.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It doesn't work with the 0.5.x versions, but I think it does with the newer 0.6.x versions.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
mmariep2
mmariep2 began at the beginning.

Device: K2 / Sony PRS-600
Just downloaded the latest version today and it works great with my 600 - though it shows it is connected to a 700 - no problems though! I converted several books and loaded them with no trouble at all.
mmariep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Several of the newer Sony Readers reuse device ID's from earlier ones so that Calibre has no way to tell them apart. However as you find they behave in identical fashion as far as Calibre is concerned so this is not an issue.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #5
wayamauro
Connoisseur
wayamauro began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KindleDX
Taken from Calibre's website "At the moment calibre has full support for the SONY PRS 300/500/505/600/700, Cybook Gen 3/Opus, Amazon Kindle 1/2/DX, Netronix EB600, Ectaco Jetbook, BeBook/BeBook Mini, Irex Illiad/DR1000, Adroid phones and the iPhone. In addition, using the Save to disk function you can use it with any ebook reader that exports itself as a USB disk."
wayamauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert