I don't need to look at the keyboard / (Touch-typist) 51 64.56%
Mostly use speech typing 0 0%
Mostly someone else types for me !!!! 1 1.27%
Any method not on this list ... .. please explain .... 6 7.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2009, 04:52 AM   #76
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Dvorak Simplified Keyboard

Touch typist here. However, not as fast as Justy and the others. I usually type about 30 to 40 words a minute. Fortunately, with few mistakes: IF!!!! I am paying attention.

Has anyone tried to type with a Dvorak Keyboard? :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard

It seems to be better for your hands and more logical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I prefer the natural keyboards, which are, sadly, not available that much anymore...

And why is it called 10-finger typing? I learned you should only use one thumb for the space bar. So, technically, I type with 8 fingers and one thumb...

(my space bar looks funny, one side is all glossy, the other in original state...)
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:54 AM   #77
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

fiv e more alternatives to Qwerty:

http://www.marcofolio.net/other/5_al..._keyboard.html
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 05:05 AM   #78
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Touch typist here. However, not as fast as Justy and the others. I usually type about 30 to 40 words a minute. Fortunately, with few mistakes: IF!!!! I am paying attention.

Has anyone tried to type with a Dvorak Keyboard? :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard

It seems to be better for your hands and more logical!
I already had a lot of trouble when I got home with the "shift" characters!

I learned to type on a keyboard which has, what we call, a Dutch layout. But, generally, the keyboards you can get here has the US-international layout. (which is really funny, considering I learned to type in the States, and live in the Netherlands...)

And the one time I had to use a Belgium keyboard, my typing was so slow as if I'd never seen a keyboard before
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:18 AM   #79
hidari
MR Drone

I understand what you mean. I have typed on some keyboards in France and Finland. It does slow you down but you do get used to it after a while.

When I lived in Russia, I taught myself to type with Cyrillic letters. That was painfully slow. Finally, I obtained an "ok" speed. Now, I do not have one. However, I type phonetically in with a Latin alphabet and then transliterate it with Russ Key a Firefox addon which works fairly well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I already had a lot of trouble when I got home with the "shift" characters!

I learned to type on a keyboard which has, what we call, a Dutch layout. But, generally, the keyboards you can get here has the US-international layout. (which is really funny, considering I learned to type in the States, and live in the Netherlands...)

And the one time I had to use a Belgium keyboard, my typing was so slow as if I'd never seen a keyboard before