Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
Pdf changes on devices lost on computer ?

Ok I am really stumped on this , there were two journals in pdf format which I read on my digital reader and then wrote some notes ,underlines etc. on the pdf , which when I open on my digital reader are there ,but hte same file I transfer to my computer and vallah they are gone .

How do i make the computer be able to read the changes ?
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
You need to use the companion software and merge the scribbles into a new pdf file. The scribbles on the DR get saved in a separate DB file, thats why you need to merge them.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Senkrad_Luna
Senkrad_Luna began at the beginning.

Device: ds1000s hopeful
Does the companion software run on linux? Possibly with Wine?
Senkrad_Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:02 AM   #4
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Possibly, it's not exactly a very demanding piece of software and the DR1000's SD card is mounted as a standard UMS.

Or you could try a native version: this thread, which started of from this one.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
Hi there,

I did what u said, but the companion software doesn't setect my digital reader even though digital reader Is in files mode,
Since merge option still works, I tried copying the pdf and the scribble file and tried ti merge but still month avail.

Any clues?
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Try it with a card reader. The updater & Companion software should start up and you should then be able to merge. You don't need to have the DR1000 connected to the Computer.

The only caveats are the pdf and its associated metadata file must be in the same directory (which they should be unless you've tried moving the pdf elsewhere) and the files structure is as iRex assumed, in other words your directories & files are created in the Documents folder, otherwise the Compnaion software will not be able to see the metadata.db file and hence merge. see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31328

and for Senkrad Luna,

The companion software works on a MAC under parallels and I therfore assume it would work under Wine in a Linux environment. It is a very basic piece of software. If you can use Linux, Thomega (as Allovertheglobe suggests) has written a programme that will merge without the companion software but I have no idea how to compile it for the MAC & have given up on that for now as Ross has done a version for the MAC but it does create rather large files.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
Senkrad_Luna
Senkrad_Luna began at the beginning.

Device: ds1000s hopeful
Thanks for the info. This product is sounding better all the time.
Senkrad_Luna is offline   Reply With Quote