Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #31
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
For my experience, EE doesn't wake up ONLY when closing lid.
In case of simple screen lock with button or after 2-30' it perfectly works.
I hope to have explained well my situation.
Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #32
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I'm not sure they are different. When you use the Lock Screen the E-Reader still displays the To Wake Out of Hibernate Press Menu message and all the physical display indicators are the same (trackball lit up etc.).
No, in my EE when I use lock screen (or tablet go off after time) on e-reader screen I find:
eNtourage eDGe
Read
Write
Surf
or press ? to learn more

Message: "To Wake Out of Hibernate Press Menu " appears only after closing lid and after a time > 2 minutes.
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #33
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Welcome, and enjoy!!

I just bought a gelaskin for my new EE. It will arrive Friday. On the old forum there's a helpful post about skins: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=gelaskins. Check Grumpy's review of Gelaskins vs. Decal Girl on page 2.

I have Decal Girl skins on two PEs and and EE and they are excellent. They were very easy to install and there are no bubbles. The matte finish runs an extra $5 but it is well worth it because it virtually eliminates all finger prints. Very reasonably priced also.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=decalgirl

http://www.decalgirl.com/category.vi...ket-eDGe-Skins

http://www.decalgirl.com/category.vi...age-eDGe-Skins
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #34
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
"There are other Android devices where this is true, but it doesn't mean we have to like the situation or accept it!"

Here here!!! Being a GEEK means never having to say you're SATISFIED.

It seems it is possible to get Market working, but you need another Android device WITH market, that you can register as YOUR OWN, then copy the files. I'd also feel better about knowing a setting to put in build.prop that communicates the capabilities of the EDGE better.

The problem is, if I wait to buy another tablet, it'll be BEYOND FROYO and probably won't serve as a file source for that reason, but if I buy now to get a FROYO Android tablet, the PE didn't save me anything.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #35
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erminio Mostacci View Post
No, in my EE when I use lock screen (or tablet go off after time) on e-reader screen I find:
eNtourage eDGe
Read
Write
Surf
or press ? to learn more

Message: "To Wake Out of Hibernate Press Menu " appears only after closing lid and after a time > 2 minutes.
I forgot to write that when last message appears on e-reader side, then my EE is quite dead and I can't resume it in any way, power button doesn't work and if I press it flash, but it doesn't reset or power on at all. Trackball is blue and on, but do nothing

Only ting to do is to pull out battery then reinsert it, then press power button, so for now I must always power off before closing lid.

Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #36
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
eNtourage eDGe
Read
Write
Surf
or press ? to learn more

I stand corrected. The EE displays the Entourage Edge E-Reader screen. Another Forum user indicated that the Screen Lock puts the EE into hibernation, but now I'm not 100 percent sure. I do know that even when suing screen lock there is very little battery drain.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...full+size+edge

However, even when I close the lid my EE comes out of hibernation each and every time.

Last edited by obsessed2; 06-22-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #37
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

Maybe screen lock corresponds to PC "suspend mode" and it's different from hibernation in the same way that it happens on PCs. Possible? If yes, then actions on HW are quite different, no? This fact can explain why on some EEs wake up works and in other no.

Anyway I read many posts in archive forum, but I can find nothing useful to resolve this problem. Patience. Maybe someone more expert one "happy day" shall find a good solution or maybe it shall need to wait a sort of "Lazzaro's miracle".
Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #38
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

I found these info:
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=745
http://www.linux.com/news/hardware/l...op-under-linux
I think that the second is very interesting.
Maybe hardware for ACPI is different in some grade between one EE and another.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #39
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

Excuse me if I 'm boring someone with my continuous posts, but I found this info:

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...d=128&nav=0,18
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support Center (EE)

Suspend Mode (Power Saving Mode) when you Close the enTourage eDGE
When you close the enTourage eDGe or Pocket eDGe for 2 seconds, it will enter suspend mode. You can re-open the device when it is in suspend mode and it will restart in two to three seconds.
There are several things you should be aware of when the device is in suspend mode:

To exit suspend mode, open it and press any button on the tablet side.
Do not remove and USB flash drives or SD cards when the unit is in suspend mode
The device will not enter suspend mode if the mini-USB cable is attached
Do not power off the device while it is in suspend. Instead, open it and resume, then use the power switch to turn the unit off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, maybe after little time (2 minutes?) EE goes automatically from suspend to hibernate and in my case it can't re-emerge for some error from hibernate state, while it can resume from suspend mode.

Why? I absolutely don't know.
I tried to find a log under /var, but i found literally nothing...

:ò(
Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #40
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Maybe screen lock corresponds to PC "suspend mode" and it's different from hibernation in the same way that it happens on PCs. Possible? If yes, then actions on HW are quite different, no? This fact can explain why on some EEs wake up works and in other no.
The thing is my EE wakes up whether I use the Screen Lock or I close the lid and let it go into hibernation on its own. Other Edge owners have also reported no problems with hibernation. That's the strange part.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #41
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

I think that some component of EE is little different, maybe made by different producers or from one batch to another and so kernel (the same in every Ermine's installed version) can or can't correctly interface for ACPI management.
Obviously are only hypothesis concerning hardware difference, if on the contrary there are SW differences, problems are other. However, unfortunately I'm not able to proceed for resolving this issues.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #42
doggie
doggie began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe
Talking

WOOT! Got the Edge!!!!
doggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #43
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Congrats, Doggie!

Let us know how you lie it!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #44
doggie
doggie began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe
Ugh.. torture waiting for those 4 hours for it to charge up. Should I just turn it on while it is plugged in before it is fully charged? Did anyone do this and did it affect average battery life?
Thanx
doggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #45
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
You can turn it on while plugged in and charging. I think you can even do the update -- but your 4 hours are probably up by now.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote