Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Moon+ Reader issue (1.2.14)

There appears to be an issue with the latest version of Moon+ Reader (1.2.14 released yesterday, 2/12, both pro and regular) when freshly installed on a NC. The controls don't work. Short-taps in the middle of the screen no longer bring up the control bar at the bottom or progress bar at top, and hitting the menu soft-key closes out of the current book instead of bringing up the control bar.

I noticed this as I was doing a fresh re-root of my NC. Rooted once early yesterday, worked fine. Re-rooted to correct an unrelated issue last night and didn't work when I installed it from the market (I don't restore backups of apps unless I have to.. keeps things cleaner, and I end up finding new options when I reset things the way I like it ). Luckily I had a backup of an older version and when I uninstalled the new one and installed that, it worked. I then updated that to the newest version after changing my settings (mostly just turning off full screen mode) and now the new version works.

I've confirmed it's working fine when freshly installed in the AVD emulator, so it's something specific to the NC.

So bottom line, make sure you back up a version previous to 1.2.14 just in case you need to re-install. Updates work fine. I've emailed the developer to notify him of this and offer to help debug. I'll update the thread when I hear back from him.
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Moon just released a version specifically for the nook, the version is labeled 1.2.14 build 2.

I just downloaded it and can confirm the new release fixes the problem.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
jesterscourt
jesterscourt began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
This is a great program. if only it would support PDF and CBR/CBZ as well. I have the latest version, but I still had the "bug", I had to uninstall, re-install, and make sure to turn off full-screen mode. So far so good.
jesterscourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven01 View Post
Short-taps in the middle of the screen no longer bring up the control bar at the bottom or progress bar at top
Aha ! I just installed Moon+ and could not find the controls. Thanks!
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote