Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Display template values not saved to metadata.calibre

seaquay pointed out in my Create Kindle Collections plugin thread that I was not able to display values from custom columns that use a template using the Calibre data saved to the Kindle.

It appears that Calibre saves the metadata.calibre information for the custom columns but it only saves the template in the 'display' field and leaves the current value blank in the 'value' field, e.g. in metadata.calibre:

"user_metadata": {
"#specialcolumn": {
"#value#": null,
"display": {
"composite_template": "{#section}{#subsection:| - |}"
}
}

Can you update Calibre to save the actual value that is displayed in Calibre in the 'value' field along with the 'display' template info?

I understand why you don't at the moment - Calibre doesn't need it since it has the template information. But since its saving a static image of the book data, and I don't think Calibre reads this file to get the template information, if you saved the current value it would enable other programs to use it easier.

I've also thought about looking for a function to parse the template information, but I'd like to check if you'd consider modifying Calibre first.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should contact chaley, this is his baby.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
seaquay
seaquay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
thank you for your help.
seaquay is offline   Reply With Quote