Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #361
rodders
rodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle touch
Hi all

I've just got my KT and am looking for a case/cover and light to go with it. I'm vegan so don't want a leather product. The m-edge Latitude case and eLuminator Touch light sounds like a good combination, but will the case to able to store the light when I'm travelling? I'd really like a case that I can stash the light inside to protect it when away from home. If the m-edge case/eLuminator light combo wouldn't work, can anyone suggest another (vegan) option please? I'd be happy to pay more & like the look of the covers with built in lights, but they all seem to be leather...

Many thanks,
Rodders
rodders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #362
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Yes, if you look at the pictures (and description) here: http://www.medgestore.com/products/kindle2-latitude.psp you can see that the latitude has a front pocket where you could store the eLuminator.

Lucky! I have a different m-edge case with the eLuminator light, and while the light is really great (I love that it has three different intensities), my case can't carry it safely so I end up putting my Touch in its case, the eLuminator in it's slide-in-slot, and then the whole thing into an envelope to carry it around! Annoying.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #363
rodders
rodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipserodders can illuminate an eclipse

Thank you !

Many thanks for your swift help with this, Mrs Often - I knew it had a pocket but wasn't sure it would be big enough to fit the light in. Easy!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #364
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodders View Post
Many thanks for your swift help with this, Mrs Often - I knew it had a pocket but wasn't sure it would be big enough to fit the light in. Easy!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #365
framboos
framboos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
If anyone is looking for a nice and low-cost (and vegan fake leather--> edit: it's not vegan) case, I got this one at dealextreme and it's described for Kindle but it fits the KT snugly (although it would have been better if the top edge was cut out 1mm higher, but it doesn't bother me for this price

http://dx.com/p/protective-pu-leathe...135419?item=15

They also have it in black and other colors. And many more other kindle cases. Shipping takes quite a while, but if you're not in a hurry it's good!

Don't forget to add the 1 cent "Drop shipping" service in your cart, because that makes sure there'll be no taxes charged on your parcel.

I also got this reading light, but haven't used it yet:

http://dx.com/p/clip-on-flexible-led...-26822?item=28

Last edited by framboos; 09-16-2012 at 03:39 PM.
framboos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #366
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Sorry about bursting your bubble, but I think that "PU leather" contains leather scraps. So it is not "vegan" at all.

I'm not judging the effectiveness of the cover, just it's lack of vegan-ness.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #367
framboos
framboos began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
Sorry about bursting your bubble, but I think that "PU leather" contains leather scraps. So it is not "vegan" at all.

I'm not judging the effectiveness of the cover, just it's lack of vegan-ness.
Oh! I never knew! I'm a little bit shocked, I always thought - because of the low price - that PU leather was all plastic/nonleather.. thanks for letting me know.
framboos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #368
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by framboos View Post
Oh! I never knew! I'm a little bit shocked, I always thought - because of the low price - that PU leather was all plastic/nonleather.. thanks for letting me know.
A quick internet search informed me that "faux leather" is the non-leather material and "PU leather" is made of different materials that may include leather scraps.

I never knew myself until recently.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #369
rodders

Have now got my m-edge Latitude case and eLuminator Touch light. Case is quite a tight fit but happy with it and the light. For others looking into what to buy, I will say that the front pocket on the case is a little bit too small to comfortably fit the light in, unfortunately.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #370
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodders View Post
Have now got my m-edge Latitude case and eLuminator Touch light. Case is quite a tight fit but happy with it and the light. For others looking into what to buy, I will say that the front pocket on the case is a little bit too small to comfortably fit the light in, unfortunately.
Glad you're happy with them! What a shame that the light doesn't fit in the pocket Sorry about that.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #371
Glasofruix
Enthusiast
Glasofruix began at the beginning.

I got this one http://www.tucano.com/shop/pagina-fo...uch-black.html for my touch, looks waaaay better in real. It's well adjusted to the device, the smooth micro-fiber interior is quite pleasant to hold (but not shure how long it will remain clean ) and it doesn't add any bulk.
Glasofruix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #372
OldDarth
OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch / Kindle Fire HD 7
Thanks for all the recommendations everyone - I just picked up a Kobo Touch and this thread was very helpful. I liked the look of the Skin Digital and went with the black one.

They have a great bundle on ebay right now that includes the cover, screen protector, charger, and micro USB cable - all for under $20!
OldDarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #373
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Duplicated post.

Last edited by jackastor; 08-01-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Duplicated post
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel