Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #22501
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
As we used to say back in the 60's, 'Reality is just a cop-out for those who can handle drugs!'

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #22502
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water. So far today I have had Lapsoung and Genmaichta. Minimal coughing, go drugs go. I am on only my second cough drop of the day.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #22503
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Sweet iced tea with lemon.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #22504
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Water. Some one tripped the fuse in the kitchen so no tea. (pouts)
Old 12-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #22505
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
ProfCrash - I'm glad it sounds like you are doing better with the medications.

Betty - How is the PT going?

Chocolate Macadamia Nut coffee in my cup while I try to figure out if I have my Christmas gift list completed.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #22506
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Back from root canal. Keep in mind, I am a black belt in karate - undefeated in competitive fighting. I have had a freaking metal stake jammed in my side, and have hit an oak tree at 50+ miles per hour.

NONE OF THAT COMES CLOSE! Worst freaking pain ever! I literally jumped out of the chair a few times.

BUT it is behind me now... I can recover now right? Just need to get a crown... dunno what that involves, but cant be worse... right?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #22507
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
The crown? Yeah, no problem. Little bits of gold and diamonds that go all around the head. They don't usually have to staple it, to make it stay on.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #22508
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Feeling better but the cough got worse today. Not as bad as Monday or Tuesday but worse than Wednesday. I go to the Doctor tomorrow for a check up.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #22509
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gonna save all my money and buy a GTO
Get a helmet and a roll bar and I'll be ready to go
Take it out to Pomona and let 'em know yeah, yeah
That I'm the coolest thing around
Little buddy, gonna shut you down
When I turn it on, wind it up, blow it out GTO

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp2sSc3mgKI )

It just seems like a 'Beach Boys' sort of morning... I really felt cheated when I learned the truth that the car companies and bike makers hired them to write these advertising songs. Thank goodness I learned that so many years later.

Good morning, everyone! Clear and bright Friday, warmed up to 9° now at 8am, so I'm pretty pleased. Gonna take my pony out of the barn and ride into Kyoto and do some shopping and some power walking. If I can just drop 0.1kg today I'll be a very happy camper. That will put me into the 83.+kg range for the first time in 30 years! But first, some Amad "English Breakfast" tea, a bowl of miso soup and half a grilled chicken breast... extra spicy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I have had a freaking metal stake jammed in my side, and have hit an oak tree at 50+ miles per hour.
We obviously have different ways of amusing ourselves....

Quote:
NONE OF THAT COMES CLOSE! Worst freaking pain ever! I literally jumped out of the chair a few times.
"Is it safe?" "Is it safe" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzw1_2b-I7A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
The crown? Yeah, no problem. Little bits of gold and diamonds that go all around the head. They don't usually have to staple it, to make it stay on.
Thanks. My keyboard really needed to be sprayed with tea... via my nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Feeling better but the cough got worse today.
Glad to hear you're getting better. Often, the coughing is just the body's way of getting rid of the nasties that are still deep inside the alveoli. Sort of Mother Nature's Roto-Rooter.

Stitchawl
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #22510
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We obviously have different ways of amusing ourselves....

Well you know - to each there own I guess
Old 12-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #22511
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
ProfCrash - I'm glad it sounds like you are doing better with the medications.

Betty - How is the PT going?

Chocolate Macadamia Nut coffee in my cup while I try to figure out if I have my Christmas gift list completed.
I could swear I replied to this, but it's gone. ??

Anyway, I had my first PT session today and it went fine. My therapist apologized that the stretches to work on frozen shoulder are very painful, but it wasn't that bad. I just have to do my exercises at home twice a day, and hopefully I'll see some good improvement.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #22512
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Anyway, I had my first PT session today and it went fine. My therapist apologized that the stretches to work on frozen shoulder are very painful, but it wasn't that bad. I just have to do my exercises at home twice a day, and hopefully I'll see some good improvement.
Betty, this may sound strange to you, but have you tried visualization along with your exercises? 'Seeing' the connective tissue inside your shoulder 'relaxing' itself, or stretching itself out. Imagining, or rather envisioning the healing process. Actually forming a picture in your mind of it loosening up. As weird as this may sound to you, it actually works very well. And it doesn't require any real anatomy images to be effective. Even cartoon-type images will work. Or imagining little teeny masseuses running around inside your shoulder massaging and making it feel better. It can be a bizarre a visualization as you'd like and still be effective. THIS DOES NOT TAKE THE PLACE OF THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL EXERCISE. It just makes it work better and faster. And the more often you do the visualization, the faster the healing process. Even the American Cancer Society endorses the use of visualization for recovery!

Visualization works in all facets of action. You can see the Olympic athletes doing this just as they step up to the bar. They are visualizing themselves going through their routines perfectly, 'seeing' themselves achieving their goal. It works.

Stitchawl
Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #22513
VydorScope
Wizard

US PEEPS (WELL MAYBE ALL OF NA) DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE DOUBLE METEOR SHOWER TONIGHT!

http://www.space.com/18883-new-meteo...r-piscids.html

Look south and southwest... the later at night the better. Its just above freezing here... so might be cold where you are too! So make some hot tea to sip!!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #22514
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

We saw some in the hot tub but will be sleeping during the peak hours.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #22515
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Betty, this may sound strange to you, but have you tried visualization along with your exercises? 'Seeing' the connective tissue inside your shoulder 'relaxing' itself, or stretching itself out. Imagining, or rather envisioning the healing process. Actually forming a picture in your mind of it loosening up. As weird as this may sound to you, it actually works very well. And it doesn't require any real anatomy images to be effective. Even cartoon-type images will work. Or imagining little teeny masseuses running around inside your shoulder massaging and making it feel better. It can be a bizarre a visualization as you'd like and still be effective. THIS DOES NOT TAKE THE PLACE OF THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL EXERCISE. It just makes it work better and faster. And the more often you do the visualization, the faster the healing process. Even the American Cancer Society endorses the use of visualization for recovery!

Visualization works in all facets of action. You can see the Olympic athletes doing this just as they step up to the bar. They are visualizing themselves going through their routines perfectly, 'seeing' themselves achieving their goal. It works.

Stitchawl
I kind of do that, actually. I think of it as rubber bands.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?