Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-22-2004, 02:42 PM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Exclamation Neal Stephenson: Cryptonomicon

Great stuff from Neal Stephenson at Cryptonomicon.com. A long exerpt from his new book, Cryptonomicon (duh!), is available, as well as the full text of the fantastic article, In the Beginning was the Command Line. Recommended!
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:12 AM   #2
Asterix
Asterix began at the beginning.

Device: PPC 2002
Yes, the Cryptonomicon is great. I am the proud owner of a hardback first edition.

But its not his latest book. The latest book from Neal Stephenson is called "The Confusion" http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060523867/

And it is his second book since Cryptonomicon.
But Neals best book remains, to me at least, Snow Crash.
Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2004, 07:41 AM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Ah, you are certainly right. I'm a recent convert, and when I saw the flashy site for Cryptonomicon, I figured it must be new. In fact it's several years old. But everything I've read by Stephenson is great and most of it is available in eBook format. Hooray!
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote