Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
danthemanca
danthemanca began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre reader - screen rotation

I would like to use my netbook as a reader and Calibre runs great on the computer but I need to rotate the built-in reader so that it will work in portrait mode.
I have looked but cant find any built in option to do this - am I missing something?

Is there another "Netbook" reader that works in portrait mode that can read epub files?

Thanks
danthemanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthemanca View Post
I would like to use my netbook as a reader and Calibre runs great on the computer but I need to rotate the built-in reader so that it will work in portrait mode.
I have looked but cant find any built in option to do this - am I missing something?

Is there another "Netbook" reader that works in portrait mode that can read epub files?

Thanks
The reader does not rotate

Does your Netbook have a Video option to Rotate (the desktop) 90?
Calibre's reader will re-size to fill the screen
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Does your Netbook have a Video option to Rotate (the desktop) 90?
I second this idea. I setup my daughter's netbook to rotate 90 degrees on a couple keystrokes. I think I used EeeRotate, but there should be other ways too.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote