Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
appstrading
appstrading began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
When download .epub file,it becomes .zip??

I uplorded .epub to my server(hostmonster)
but when it comes to download it from my page.
somehow it becomes .zip

It seems like server make it in a zip??

Epub is itself a zip. if it put epub in a zip then its one zip file in another zip file.

I use FTP to upload .epub to my server.
Does anybody know the solution??

thanks in advance.
appstrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You need to configure your webserver to report the correct mimetype for epubs.

If you're using Apache, add the line
Code:
AddType application/epub+zip .epub
to the .htaccess file in the directory containing your epub (or the root directory if you have several epubs in different sub-directories).

If you're using IIS, this page explains how to set mimeptypes.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
appstrading
appstrading began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thanks!

It really helps me!
Thanks for great information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
You need to configure your webserver to report the correct mimetype for epubs.

If you're using Apache, add the line
Code:
AddType application/epub+zip .epub
to the .htaccess file in the directory containing your epub (or the root directory if you have several epubs in different sub-directories).

If you're using IIS, this page explains how to set mimeptypes.
appstrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
This happens to me with my magazines from Fictionwise. I just rename the file with an epub extension and it works fine.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Just to be certain, even though the web server certainly should be set up to serve the file with the appropriate mimetype, it’s only Internet Explorer that actually renames the file upon download, right? Sensible browsers don’t rename files.

Another on a long list of reasons not to use that sad excuse for a browser.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert