Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
lunarjar
lunarjar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Exclamation If you have this problem you should return your PW2

<irony>A picture is worth a thousand words.</irony>
As you can see my first kindle, had a lower left corner problem, one of the leds didn't work properly, so reading on anything less than 15, created this dark spot, but even then the quality sucked.
I requested a replacement on Thursday and got a new one on Friday! As you can see it works fine.

Images too large:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-12-2013 at 11:02 AM.
lunarjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Ugh, that's a new one! Good to hear your replacement is better, and welcome to MR!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I have never seen that problem either, that's pretty bad. Glad you got a good replacement!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I have never seen that problem either, that's pretty bad. Glad you got a good replacement!
I think this post highlights the one big variance issue with PW1/PW2: the number of LEDs down there. If any one of them is out of sync with the others (too dim or too bright), it will affect the screen significantly. (The other similar issue is the alignment and purity of the lightguides.)

This does add a considerable risk of variance into the frontlight design, especially in a screen where mostly only black text is being displayed on a uniform background. The backlight on a, say, TV is much more forgiving to imperfections in the screen due to the complex content displayed that hides imperfections, but a text book is very unforgiving.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:01 AM   #5
Joern
Joern began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2)
Good you got the Replacement, never seen this Problem either. I made a Comparison between PW1 and PW2 - as you can see, the PW2 is much brighter..

Joern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert