Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #5986
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I've been told that a game can last three days, is that true? Isn't there also something called 20/20 cricket?
Test matches last five days, with each side having two innings.

20/20 cricket is a quick form of the game, where each side just gets 20 overs.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #5987
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
20/20 cricket is a farce. It's only by the long drawn out process that statistically aberations can be avoided and the true winner be known.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #5988
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
The joke is that cricket is so inherently boring/slow that the commentators have to go into minute detail about everything (including the type of cake Mrs Miggins baked and sent in) otherwise there'd be nothing to commentate about.
There's cake at cricket matches?!?!? Now I have a reason to attend matches!
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #5989
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK2111 View Post
There's cake at cricket matches?!?!? Now I have a reason to attend matches!
Well, at least there is in the commentary box. If you are going as a spectator you'd better take your own. Personally, I find a long cold beer makes the match go much more smoothly...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #5990
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Personally, I find a long cold beer makes the match go much more smoothly...
I didn't know beer was a long-drink
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #5991
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Test matches last five days, with each side having two innings.

20/20 cricket is a quick form of the game, where each side just gets 20 overs.
Do you have any idea where could I stream that live online?

(Runs for cover.)
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #5992
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

(Runs for cover.)
I thought Mick Jagger was behind a cricket website CRICKET.COM maybe?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #5993
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

(Runs for cover.)
Many test matches have ball-by-ball commentary on BBC radio: "Test Match Special" on Radio 5 live sports extra. The programmes are streamed live at http://bbc.co.uk/cricket

The next one is the Womens' World Cup, England vs Sri Lanka, 3.15am GMT on Friday 1st February.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #5994
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
The joke is that cricket is so inherently boring/slow that the commentators have to go into minute detail about everything (including the type of cake Mrs Miggins baked and sent in) otherwise there'd be nothing to commentate about.
Aha! So that's why cricket's progeny, American baseball, is boring to tears. Is Mrs. Miggins’ cake analogous to hot dogs?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #5995
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
A town boy and a country boy were playing together in the latter's garden when the urban lad suddenly said, "What does your dad use all that manure for?" "We put it on our rhubarb," replied the other. "That's awful, we put custard on ours."
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #5996
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Aha! So that's why cricket's progeny, American baseball, is boring to tears. Is Mrs. Miggins’ cake analogous to hot dogs?
Not unless the commentators' loyal listeners send them in hot dogs they made specially for them .
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #5997
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
“I was walking along today, and on the road I saw a small, dead baby ghost. Although thinking about it, it might have been a handkerchief.”
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #5998
orlok
Close to the Edit!

My first shot sent shards of wood flying through the air, one of which lodged in my right eye, causing me intense pain and loss of vision.

My second shot blew a massive hole in the side of the barrel, through which all the fish and water gushed out of.

Now I'm left with a useless barrel, a soaking wet floor full of dying fish, and permanent blindness in one eye.

I'm going to kill the idiot who said this was easy.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #5999
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
I'm going to kill the idiot who said this was easy.
Reminds of the day I ended up bleeding from hundreds of scratches received from a slightly dizzy and thoroughly pissed-off cat while trying to prove to my friend that there was enough room in my tiny apartment.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #6000
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Reminds of the day I ended up bleeding from hundreds of scratches received from a slightly dizzy and thoroughly pissed-off cat while trying to prove to my friend that there was enough room in my tiny apartment.