Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2015, 03:48 PM   #181
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've now joined the big league Replaced the internal SD card by an 8 GB one. WOOT
Would this be in your Glo? Did you have any trouble with the power slider after the operation?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #182
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Yes in the Glo, and no issues with the power slider.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #183
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Yes in the Glo, and no issues with the power slider.
Well I am happy for your sake. I did two Glo's and the power slider doesn't work on either one. I don't feel like taking them apart again and trying to fix them, though! I kind of regret doing it....who really needs 16GB in an ereader?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #184
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Well I am happy for your sake. I did two Glo's and the power slider doesn't work on either one. I don't feel like taking them apart again and trying to fix them, though! I kind of regret doing it....who really needs 16GB in an ereader?
Hey; I think it IS worth opening them again (what's the worst that happens... Your power slider breaks?)

It happened to me one of the MANY times I rebuilt the Kobo Glo. You have to be careful both when taking it apart and putting it back together.

I also find that it just might not be fully in the right place, or it might not be FULLY clipped together, although it may look like the kobo is fully together.

I use my power switch everytime I read because I shut it down and boot it up everytime I Read for sake of battery conservation. I figure the time wasted at boot up is worth it, given that I roughly double or triple my battery life. (I read roughly 40-50 novels a year, so I'm neither a heavy nor a light reader. just shy of a book every week.). I find by fully booting it off my battery life goes from 3ish weeks, to at least a month and a half. It's pretty sweet
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:25 AM   #185
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergith View Post
Hey; I think it IS worth opening them again (what's the worst that happens... Your power slider breaks?)
I don't have any way to power the Glo down. Is there a way it can be turned completely off, without using the power slider?
Advert
Old 03-12-2015, 06:52 AM   #186
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I don't have any way to power the Glo down. Is there a way it can be turned completely off, without using the power slider?
You could set "Automatically power off after:" to 5 mins, and wait. (Or use KSM. But this does not seem to work for you.)
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:15 AM   #187
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You could set "Automatically power off after:" to 5 mins, and wait. (Or use KSM. But this does not seem to work for you.)
Oh thank you, I didn't realize that.

I think I had more probs with KoReader than KSM so I could give that a try as well.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:24 AM   #188
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
delete
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #189
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

So I took one Glo apart and looked it over. I can see nothing wrong. The slider moves properly, it just doesn't do anything.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #190
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So I took one Glo apart and looked it over. I can see nothing wrong. The slider moves properly, it just doesn't do anything.
Does that include the slider part thats on the board that the plastic connects with? Sometimes the sliders stop lining up with the switch on the actual board that does the work
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #191
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I couldn't see anything wrong. But since the device is now not behaving properly, even after a factory reset, I may be opening it again to replace the SD card.

Of course the minute I posted this, she got over her snit and started behaving again.

Last edited by booklover6; 03-12-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #192
Foul Ole Ron
Foul Ole Ron began at the beginning.

Thanks!

Thanks a milion, Gergith!

My device was bricked; I revived it by cloning my wife's Glo's (smaller) card and using your guide and tools.

Marc
Foul Ole Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #193
PsYcO
PsYcO began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo (N613)
Quote:
Would this be in your Glo? Did you have any trouble with the power slider after the operation?
if its open (back side detached) there isnt enough presure on the pcb for the switch. its a realy small pin to displayside.

another thing:
anyone else had a 4GB microsd card?
2gb wasnt alocated?! Its funny enough with the second internal sd-slot.

PS:
Thank you for the great work!! ^^
PsYcO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #194
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Several people have posted that they had a 4gb card; I only had a 2gb
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:20 AM   #195
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very detailed tutorial.
I have my kobo glo only a week so i still stuck in "Is it worth it?: If you're asking yourself this, it probably isn't worth it".

Last edited by oren64; 03-29-2015 at 05:26 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, glo memory upgrade mod, hack, increase, kobo, sdcard