Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which E-Ink Device Should Sweetpea Get?
Hanlin V3 3 10.00%
Hanlin V5 4 13.33%
IRex Digital Reader 5 16.67%
Sony PRS600 16 53.33%
PlasticLogic 4 13.33%
Hanvon WISEreader N518 2 6.67%
Txtr Reader 3 10.00%
Opus!!! 7 23.33%
The Blue One, Next To The Fish 12 40.00%
A Can (perhaps two!) of WD-40 6 20.00%
Pffft!!! 9 30.00%
What does "Remember to keep the poll options short and to the point" mean? Give me a 9 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 06:45 AM   #16
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
If the Sony 600 lives up to expectations, I know where there's an excellent 2nd-hand 505 Sweetpea could get - only one owner, silver, mint'ish condition...
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I would mention my preferred candidate but that would probably be unfair.

Quote:
Ooooooops. Can you possibly believe that I forgot the poll?
chéri, you do know you have to add the poll after you create the thread, right ? so you can add it, i don't know, *now* for instance.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #18
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
I think she's been around occasionally but posting infrequently. Good grief! Maybe she has found a life outside of......you know where!
Did anyone check if the back door was locked? She's managed to escape once!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #19
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the features one needs are not available and since these devices are so expensive, the only choice possible is to go to the cheapest until the dream machine comes around.

OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
If the Sony 600 lives up to expectations, I know where there's an excellent 2nd-hand 505 Sweetpea could get - only one owner, silver, mint'ish condition...
But, that won't satisfy my gadget bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Did anyone check if the back door was locked? She's managed to escape once!
Lots of reads, no answers yet:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52877

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
If the features one needs are not available and since these devices are so expensive, the only choice possible is to go to the cheapest until the dream machine comes around.

OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS, OPUS.
Well, the OPUS has one huge drawback. All my books are in mobipocket (DRM-less and DRM-freed).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #21
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

You can always find a used reader just to test if you like them?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #22
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

I'm quite sure the device you want is still at least two years in the future.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
But, that won't satisfy my gadget bump!
"gadget bump"

Quote:
Well, the OPUS has one huge drawback. All my books are in mobipocket (DRM-less and DRM-freed).
if they are all drm-less / freed, then technically, that drawback is far from insurmountable, because it's quite easy and painless and a matter of seconds to convert them using calibre, you can even convert them all at once using bulk convert (or it batches if you've got a lot of them, so as not to be stuck waiting too long). and as you'll start buying epub for all your future purchases, you won't have to worry about them.

(OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! )
Old 08-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #24
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
if they are all drm-less / freed, then technically, that drawback is far from insurmountable, because it's quite easy and painless and a matter of seconds to convert them using calibre, you can even convert them all at once using bulk convert (or it batches if you've got a lot of them, so as not to be stuck waiting too long). and as you'll start buying epub for all your future purchases, you won't have to worry about them.

(OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! OPUS ! )
Hmm, I'd rather copy that directory onto an SD card and plug it in. Done! No need for conversions. (Naturally, the Sony as exactly the same problem... But that one fits my sense of aesthetics better) But, they said they would make another firmware which could read mobipocket, and once that's here, the OPUS would be an excellent choice.

And I don't care if my perfect device is still years in the future. As long as it's not just around the corner when I finally do decide to buy one
Old 08-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #25
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I came here

to add the poll as ZP suggests

but it will not let me. Good day!

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I came here

to add the poll as ZP suggests

but it will not let me. Good day!

subtle vr !!!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #27
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
But the Opus doesn't have it's own forum, so you could never talk about it
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who are you? View Post
i bet we could figure out a way.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #29
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Really? That's dreadful.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #30
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Do you really think a lack of forum would stop me talking?