Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
relayer250
relayer250 began at the beginning.

Device: iOS & Kindle 2 Intl
Question Font Size Issue

I have the International Kindle 2 and I love it. However, I noticed that in some ebooks the font in some subheads is not consistent when the font is set at the default size (3rd from left under Menu). This includes the New Oxford American Dictionary included with the device. I have not installed any hacks and have version 2.3 installed currently. I have included an image demonstrating the issue. The words should show up as "piddling" and "piddock". I do not appear to have any issues with any other font sizes. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

relayer250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just looked up both words in my copy of the dictionary and did not have the issue you are having (and I'm using a font hack).

I suggest a reset. From the home screen click menu > settings > menu > reset.

If that doesn't help you may need to contact Amazon for assistance.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
relayer250
relayer250 began at the beginning.

Device: iOS & Kindle 2 Intl
Thanks. I also noticed the "Restart" as well as an option called "Restore Factory Settings", which I think you were referring to. I tried the former, as I did not want to wipe my Kindle just yet. It appears this has fixed the issue. The fonts are displaying properly now. Thanks again!
relayer250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Great! You're right, it was the "restart" not the "reset" that I was referring to.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font, issue, kindle 2, size, text