Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #46
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Mmm...I used the same procedure and it works.
And I always use base-us, so I think that's not the point.
I would like to know if the point is the first part of the install.sh script:

PHP Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "INSERT INTO handlerIds VALUES ('com.silver.imagegallery001')"
sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "INSERT INTO properties (handlerId, name, value) VALUES ('com.silver.imagegallery001','command','/usr/bin/wafapp -l com.silver.imagegallery001 -c /mnt/base-us/extensions/imagegallery/bin/')"
sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "INSERT INTO properties (handlerId, name, value) VALUES ('com.silver.imagegallery001','unloadPolicy','unloadOnPause');" 

or the rest:

PHP Code:
cp /mnt/base-us/extensions/imagegallery/bin/menu.json /mnt/base-us/extensions/imagegallery/menu.json
mkdir 
/mnt/base-us/documents/Gallery
rm 
-/mnt/base-us/extensions/imagegallery/bin/menu.json
rm 
-/mnt/base-us/extensions/imagegallery/bin/install.sh 
So if anyone could please try the modified files or send directly this command:

PHP Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.silver.imagegallery001 
it could be helpful.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #47
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
I used files in your last zip. Now I can open the app. when I tap to open a folder a menu with "tap to open a folder" appears. However when I try, nothing happens.
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #48
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok perfect. That's normal as you didn't run the original start script.

Now try replacing the /imagegallery/bin/start.sh file with the one in the first zip, or use this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?br6a7kuzvolcn70
Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #49
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

original (or the last) start.sh doesn't work. when I replace it again with the ones in your last zip it opens the app as I mentioned above.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #50
silver18
THE NOOB

Yes, that's why I wrote:

try replacing the /imagegallery/bin/start.sh file with the one in the ***first zip***, or use this link:

Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #51
fe26aes
fe26aes began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Ok perfect. That's normal as you didn't run the original start script.

Now try replacing the /imagegallery/bin/start.sh file with the one in the first zip, or use this link:

Normal script works, but
It does not work
My device firmware 5.0.3

Last edited by fe26aes; 03-05-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #52
thomass
Wizard

It appears that you misunderstood me.
when I used this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?br6a7kuzvolcn70 > when I tap the menu item nothing happens

when I used the one in this zip: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=37 again the same thing

however when I used this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?dm6llb104e3wv4u > app starts but I cant choose a folder to open the pics.

BTW: I have some jpg's only in Gallery folder with names : 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #53
silver18
THE NOOB

mmm...
sorry for all this mess.
Try editing the start.sh script (the first one, so the one here: http://www.mediafire.com/?br6a7kuzvolcn70): delete the first line (#!/bin/sh).

PS Change the images name to 0.jpg, 1.jpg.....

Last edited by silver18; 03-05-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #54
thomass
Wizard

http://www.mediafire.com/?br6a7kuzvolcn70): delete the first line (#!/bin/sh).> Now it opens the app. However when I try to open a folder on the menu nothing happens . (similar to this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?dm6llb104e3wv4u )

should I have a different folder containing jpg's?

Edit: Also tried after renaming the jpg's > the same problem still exists

Last edited by thomass; 03-05-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #55
silver18
THE NOOB

You should organize your images in folders inside the Gallery folder.

Here's how it should look like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	folder.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	83474  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #56
thomass
Wizard

Ok now it works as expected. Thanks.
(I also used this one start.zip ( to be sure to have Unix line ends))
Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #57
UltimateO
UltimateO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.0.4
Now it works for me too, seems like notepad++ messed with that code. I just replaced that start.sh with the one thomass attached.

Thank you everyone, now I can read my comics
Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #58
silver18
THE NOOB

I'll replace the start.sh in the release, thanks!
(strange anyway, it's just like mine...probably the problem was the lack of folders!)

Anyway, does it work now?
Does the dropdown menu work (i.e it shows the folder name and you can choose it)?

If so, the start.sh script works.

I have to figure out why the install.sh doesn't work, but there is a workaround: just run the app as I wrote in the release post, than manually add the Gallery folder in documents and manually replace /imagegallery/menu.json with the /imagegallery/bin/menu.json or edit the one in /imagegallery/ like this:

PHP Code:
{

"items": [
        {
"name""Image gallery""priority"2"action""bin/start.sh"}
    ]

Old 03-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #59
thomass
Wizard

I used this app for this modification. and File>save as> [Format] Ensure Unix Format
Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #60
thomass
Wizard

Dropdown menu also works.

This is really good way to view pics.
Thanks again for your all efforts.
Closed Thread