Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
deborahjeanne
Zealot
deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color. Kobo Touch (died 2014). Kobo Glo.
Page turning

I was rereading a book the other night and my nook wouldn't "turn to" all the pages. I ended up pulling up my iphone to read the pages the nook was skipping. Then it seemed some were duplicated (on the nook). I did find shutting it off and turning it on seemed to fix it some of the time. New book I started is also having the same problem at times.

Any comments?
deborahjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Was the charger plugged in at the time?
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
deborahjeanne
Zealot
deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.deborahjeanne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

no it was not
Old 09-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
The other thing to check is that the screen is absolutely clean. Touch screens do not like even very small bits of water on them, and I've seen issues with mine when the fingerprints get too thick.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
deborahjeanne
Zealot

Hmmm. I forgot about the fingerprint issue, since I put a screen protector on it hadn't come up. I'll take a look at that.
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
There is a known issue, where the nook will not go to the next page (it depends upon the content and the font size you are - it's a rare combination, but unfortunately not rare enough). Turning off the page turn animation ( in the settings under Reader ) will work around this problem until it gets fixed in a update.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
deborahjeanne
Zealot

THANKYOU!!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
DigitalGrl
DigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileReadDigitalGrl has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thank U!! I been having this problem a lot lately
DigitalGrl is offline   Reply With Quote