Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #571
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks for the advice! Yeah, all I'm really after is images > 1, and it should be just a one-time thing so I'm not worried about integration. I'll try this approach next time I sit down with my ebook archive.
FaceDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #572
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Can this plugin be used to find epubs that are 0.0MB?
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #573
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
Can this plugin be used to find epubs that are 0.0MB?
You have epubs that have no size? Or do you want to find book entries without a epub?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #574
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

I have somehow wound up with epubs with no size. Maybe they are corrupted.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:23 AM   #575
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
I have somehow wound up with epubs with no size. Maybe they are corrupted.
If they are really 0 bytes, they sure are . But it could be that Calibre only thinks they are; if so, Quality Check can fix that (Fix -> Check and repair book sizes).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #576
tarisea
Zealot

Well that seemed to do it. Thank you very much.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #577
anthony.burton4
Connoisseur
anthony.burton4 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Can I say this is an awesome plugin - so useful - saved me so much time.

One improvement that you may consider is to offer the ability to perform multiple processes at once. e.g. similar to the Modify epub plugin which allows you to check several boxes and remembers what you checked allowing you to have a set of common tasks quickly available.
anthony.burton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #578
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@anthony - glad you are finding the plugin useful.

As for the ability to run multiple checks at once, yeah it has been a little discussed a few times in this thread. It is on my "maybe one day" list. The problem is coming up with a way to present the results to the user that is useful. The key difference between this plugin and Modify ePub is that with this plugin you need the set of books found from the check to then perform the bulk edit/Modify ePub or whatever operation to "fix" the issue you were looking for. When you start allowing multiple checks to run at once, all of which could have unique, duplicate or intersecting sets of results of books, it adds a problem of how to work with the results.

The only thing that comes to mind is to have some sort of modeless results summary window that shows one summary line per check ran, and then as you click on that line it displays the matching books in your library view so you can do your work on them. Then you click on another summary line and it shows those books etc. When you add in a new dialog allowing the user to select which checks to run it becomes a non-trivial exercise.

I have no doubt it will happen one day, but only when I feel a bit more enthused about investing more time in calibre plugins...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #579
anthony.burton4
Connoisseur
anthony.burton4 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Ah yes good point! doh!
anthony.burton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #580
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Lightbulb Count of Images PI Idea

Kiwidude
I was wondering how many of my books used (lots) Images for things like: Dropcaps, Chapter titles... (other than the standard, cover, Map, Titleblock...)

Would it be possible for the QC PI to get a count of Image files?

Optional filters:
>= / <= size (px) or Bytes 0px = don't care dimension

As usual, with the QC the user is free to do whatever (like bulk set tags) with the results.

theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:21 AM   #581
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like the upgrade to Portable 0.9.19 just broke Quality Check in a big way.

It disappeared from my main toolbar, and while it still shows as 'Installed', I can't configure it; it says 'You must restart calibre before you can configure the Quality Check plugin', and I can't add it back to the toolbar either.

HELP!

P.S. Yep, going back to 0.9.18 fixes it without doing anything else.

Last edited by mbovenka; 02-15-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:34 AM   #582
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That will likely be because the epub.fix module was removed from calibre. I thought kiwidude had modified that module and used his own private version, but apparently that was only for Modify epub and not Quality check.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:47 AM   #583
mbovenka
Wizard

O.K. Makes sense. I'll stay on 0.9.18 for a while then, as I use Quality Check quite extensively.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #584
R3rr0
R3rr0 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey
Even Modify ePub has a bug now: remove calibre bookmarks doesn't work.

Since I use both plug-in often, I return to 0.9.18.

Last edited by R3rr0; 02-15-2013 at 06:22 AM.
R3rr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #585
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I had a look at both the QC and Modify ePub plugins and I was right, kiwidude is using his own private version of the epub.fix module, however, he still has a couple of import statements that he forgot to migrate, should be a simple two line fix.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote