Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
Post Chinese font ?

Hi There,

Is there a way to read this txt (attached to this post) on the cybook gen3 ?

It's in Chinese and I tried to read it on a Cybook without any success

If someone can try it and tell me if it's an encoding problem or a particular font to use I will be very grateful
Attached Files
File Type: txt live.txt (16.3 KB, 396 views)
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
You can simply try to copy ttf-fonts into the "Fonts"-folder of your Cybook (if it does not exist simply create one in the root directory).
You can then change the fonts using the menu in the book.

I googled and found some free fonts here, but I don't speak chinese so I don't know if they are ok for your needs
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Thanks for the reply.
I already tried these fonts, not all but most of them.
I also tried with some from windows and it was the same :/
Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
If you did not have any success with the "try&error"-method, the best way might be to contact bookeens support - they should know for sure.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Is there some reason for not using HTML (or MOBI, if it supports Chinese)? Then the encoding would be specified in the file. Firefox says this is UTF-16 little endian, but I have no idea how it tells this. Some other programs I tried also auto-detected the UTF-16, but others did not.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:23 AM   #6
Dedale
Guest Star

Is there a specific way to encode files in mobi (with calibre or mobipocket creator) to be sure that files will be read on the cybook ?
Old 02-20-2009, 03:33 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Select "UTF-8" encoding for the book. It's an option in Mobi Creator.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If it's UTF-16, little endian, then you can try this (on a linux system):

$ recode UTF-16LE..utf8 live.txt
$ dos2unix live.txt (I actually used vim to convert the utf8 file from dos to unix line endings)
$ recode utf8..html live.txt

Now you can wrap the text in <pre></pre> tags and save it as HTML (attached file). If you have an appropriate font, there should be no encoding problems here, as the text is pure ASCII.

Note: The attached file is .txt, rename is as .htm
Attached Files
File Type: txt live.txt (58.3 KB, 379 views)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #9
tjxboy
tjxboy began at the beginning.

Device: none
the book is a good story. and i also watch the same film too.

but how to read this in gen3? i have my starebook convert to gen3. still not to read chinese txt book
tjxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:06 AM   #10
Dedale
Guest Star

For those who want to read chinese on their cybook, try this font

It works for me and no matter the encoding
Attached Files
File Type: zip DroidSansFallback.zip (1.45 MB, 527 views)

Tags
chinese, font, txt