Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
chrisjen24
chrisjen24 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Using Calibre

Borrowed friends Sumvision Clyclone Voyager have some books in Calibre I would like to transfer but send to device does not appear. If I purchase Calibre Companion will I be able to send books to tablet via WFII. If not can anyone recommend a tablet that works with Calibre, not to costly on the pension.
chrisjen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes, that tablet should work without any problems with CC.

You will need to get a ebook reader app to the tablet.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
chrisjen24

Thanks for the reply, downloaded Kobo to the tablet but it does not work. Any suggestions what one might?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
It depends on what type of books format you use. DRM or no DRM and so on.

I have standardised on ePub and PDF if ePub isn't available. And use Calibre to convert anything else to ePub format.

There are a lot of really good apps for reading on Android.

I use Mantano Premium. But I don't use Calibre Companion. Instead I have a folder with all the books saved to disk on a wifi share, that I automatically sync to my tablet over wifi using the app FolderSync, when I add new books. I have tried CC, but I prefer using Mantano and FolderSync.

There is a free version of Mantano that you can test.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
chrisjen24

Thanks to all have now managed to download and transfer ebooks.