Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #31
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Been a while since I read them but I recall even the Council Wars series had some heavy handed discussion (author's view) of the 2nd Amendment (RKBA) and global warming (poo-pooing it). Our hero Herzer deals with 'men's rights' issues. I think if your views are sympathetic with his these passages may not have stuck out to you.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #32
frogi
Enthusiastic Apathy
frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.frogi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony T1, NSTx2
Ah, no. I usually just ignore things like that. Honestly, everyone in the world has some viewpoints that do not agree with mine. I choose to look past them if they do not directly interfere with my life
frogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #33
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I was on John Ringo's site recently and noticed the absence of the Polseen War from the web site, is he trying to tell me something by omitting the series from his web site?

Please verify that I have this series right. The books in the Posleen War are in order are:

A Hymn Before BAttle
Gust Front
When the Devil Dances
Hells's Faire
Watch on the Rhine
Yellow Eyes
The Tuloraid

Last edited by jbcohen; 04-13-2012 at 08:04 AM.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #34
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am attempting to revive this thread in order to ask a question:

In the John Ringo/David Weber series called The Empire of Man - I have noticed that the titles of the first three books follow a pattern: A March Upcounty, March to the Coast and March to the Stars - while the fourth in the series - We Few does not seem to follow the pattern. Is there any reason for the change in format of the titles of the books?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, there is a reason.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #36
jbcohen
Wizard

Would someone please enlighten me as to what the reason is?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Spoiler:
It might be that they're not marching anymore.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #38
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
They arrive?

(I haven't read them, and won't be looking at that spoiler.)
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #39
jbcohen
Wizard

Ah, I see your point. I am almost all the way through book one and look forward to the remainder of the books. At the rate that I am going I will most likely crack the cover on that book sometime in August assuming that I keep going at the rate that I am going now and assuming that I don't get side tracked.

Last edited by jbcohen; 04-24-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's an excellent series. Thoroughly recommended.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #41
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's an excellent series. Thoroughly recommended.
I agree. I have read the series four times.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #42
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Vorpal Blade is a lot of fun. Back-to-basics adventure SF with amusing characters and good derring-do.
It's prequel and sequels are a bit uneven but still enjoyable.

The Aldenata series isn't bad but I would caution against reading too many back-to-back-to back.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #43
jbcohen
Wizard

My I have never seen any of the other John Ringo series getting such a rining endorsements from so many people it must be the best series that he has ever written. I have never heard anyone say anything good about Polseen War, I have read book one in that series and I am 20% through book two in that series - Gust Front, although I think that I will polish off Empire of Man before I conclude Polseen War. I have concluded book one and I am cracking the cover on book two - march to the coast. Its starting out to be a very good read.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
My I have never seen any of the other John Ringo series getting such a rining endorsements from so many people it must be the best series that he has ever written.
Probably more to do with the fact that it's co-written with David Weber. Mr Weber is a much better writer, IMHO.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #45
jbcohen
Wizard

To what extent did David Weber write these books? My understanding is the only thing David Weber does is writing the outline for the books and approve the final text of the books. John Ringo does all the work and David Weber simply puts his name on the books.