Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Trouble logging in to Philly Free Library

I'm trying to log into the account I have at the Philadelphia Free Library and it's unable to do so. The error I get is...

Quote:
We're sorry, but the specified library patron account information is not valid.

Details: (0) Your Library Card and PIN could not be validated at this time. Please visit or call your local branch of the Free Library for help in accessing this site
Is anyone else able to log in or not? I won't be able to contact the library until Tuesday due to Monday being a holiday in the US. I know the eBook I have ready won't expire until Tuesday afternoon. But still, this is annoying.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind. It is working fine now.
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I just tried and got right into my account. If I remember correctly, I was also logged into my account early this afternoon while putting books on my wish list.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm trying to log into the account I have at the Philadelphia Free Library and it's unable to do so. The error I get is...

Is anyone else able to log in or not? I won't be able to contact the library until Tuesday due to Monday being a holiday in the US. I know the eBook I have ready won't expire until Tuesday afternoon. But still, this is annoying.
I just remembered.......the same thing has happened to me once or twice.....and I was told this is a 'glitch' in the system and seems to happen on weekends, when traffic is highest. Worked great a couple of hours later.

Not the Philly Library.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Overdrive has this problem every so often - you just have to try later.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I was unable to get on Sunday also. I believe I read in the past that their site is down some time on Sundays for scheduled maintenance.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
LynnO
LynnO is on a distinguished road

Device: nook, color nook, droid 2
I also remember reading somwhere on their main site that their system is down from 5 to 7 pm on Sundays, most likely eastern time since I'm sure their web site isn't set up for us paid suscribers. Sometimes I have problems with the site on Sunday nights, even after the scheduled times.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:35 AM   #8
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
One Overdrive Library I use is down after midnight for maintenance until 7AM. As I am a bit of a night owl, I tend to run into the problem frequently.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #9
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
The following text is on the login page:
Quote:
... Please note that this service is unavailable on Sundays from 5:15 - 7:30 p.m., EST
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Interesting ... I just got that sort of message too. Logins appear to handled here:

https://secure5.libraryreserve.com/y...brary.here.etc

My message is:

"We're sorry, but the specified library patron account information is not valid.

Details: (1) There appears to be a problem with your library card. It is possible your card has expired and should be renewed."

It's possible this is true but I'm a normal active user. If it doesn't clear I suppose it's a trip to the library.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Expiring library cards are so much a pain. You have an eBook on reserve that you've been waiting for for week and weeks and finally get it only to find you've expired. Not even a message from the library to tell you it's about to happen.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:42 PM   #12
Pagali
Enthusiast
Pagali is on a distinguished road

Device: PC, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 4
I just got my FLP card in August. On the back of it, lower right corner, is hand-written 8/13/11. I assumed that is my expiration date. Y'all don't have that on yours?
Pagali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #13
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
It turned out my library (Toronto) did indeed expire my card. I shlepped into the main Reference library this afternoon with my card and a copy of a recent Hydro bill (to prove residency in the city) and click, clack my card was restored. The library is only open 3.5 hrs on Sundays but it was pretty busy at 2 pm.

Anyway, mystery solved. And I, too, did not receive an e-mail warning me.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote