Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
captaindonut
captaindonut began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Manage "Collections" in Kindle 3

My apologies in advance to kovidgoyal if this question was asked before.

First of all, let me say that I find Calibre amazing. The Kindle is pretty much unmanageable without it.

I just got my Kindle 3 from Amazon (Yay!). I am starting to organize and transfer my eBook collection to it using Calibre. One of the neat features on the Kindle 3 is the ability to organize (or rather display) your books by "Collections". However, I don't see a way to manage the "Collections" metadata in Calibre.

Can kovidgoyal or anyone else help me?

Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	1642
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	58220

Thanks
Captain Donut
captaindonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon has provided no way to manage collections over a USB connection (short of rebooting the Kindle each time). So you cannot.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
megachirops
Enthusiast
megachirops began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
As noted, it requires a reboot of the Kindle to get changes to "stick", but given that limitation there is an app being created by acolegate to manage collections: Kindle Collection Manager for Windows.
megachirops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
CRidley
CRidley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Also similar is the free 'Kindle Collector' kindle collection organiser (for kindle 3) at http://www.riddleware.co.uk
CRidley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
You can also try Meme's Kindle Collection plugin which allows you to control your collections from within Calibre: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118635
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert