Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
dontriston
Connoisseur
dontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony prs 600
Ebook library 3.0: a bug exporting notes

Hello and sorry by my bad english.

I am a happy owner of a prs 700.

Yesterday I got the new sony´s software, and now I can export my notes to a rtf file, but there is a important bug:I can only export partially the note or highlight, only a line, and cut the rest.

Can you try this problem with your readers and comment some about this?

Thanks.
dontriston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
I am experiencing this issue as well. Only the first line or so of the "highlighted" text gets exported. It kinda defeats the purpose of exporting notes, I think
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
Mril
Mril began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
I communicated with the SONY and the problem with the underlined sentences that not appear when send it to the PC, it is for the copyright. Only it allows you part of the text as reference. This, with all the models it will be the same, as they informed me.
Mril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
stromoradie
stromoradie began at the beginning.

Device: prs-700
software

Can you pls give me an advice,
where (link) could I download software for exporting notes from prs700?
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontriston View Post
Hello and sorry by my bad english.

I am a happy owner of a prs 700.

Yesterday I got the new sony´s software, and now I can export my notes to a rtf file, but there is a important bug:I can only export partially the note or highlight, only a line, and cut the rest.

Can you try this problem with your readers and comment some about this?

Thanks.
stromoradie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
Mril
Mril began at the beginning.

It is the update of the eBook Library (3.0). In the tab help, go to Check for updates, and when updated, already have the possibility of exporting the notes to the PC.
Mril is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
dontriston
Connoisseur
dontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony prs 600
Thanks for your work, mril.

We can say to Sony that the functionality of this new feature is a big shit.

Thanks.
dontriston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mril View Post
I communicated with the SONY and the problem with the underlined sentences that not appear when send it to the PC, it is for the copyright. Only it allows you part of the text as reference. This, with all the models it will be the same, as they informed me.
It should work like that only for drm files... not for all. But it was apparently to much of a hassle to implement it like that.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:43 AM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Time to start some petitions.....

Release firmware updates for 505 and 700
Fix this stupid "bug",
get some actual software engineers working on EBL. its way to advanced for its simple features. for a program that is so "KISS" it is stupidly easy to crash.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
stromoradie
stromoradie began at the beginning.

Device: prs-700
thanks

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mril View Post
It is the update of the eBook Library (3.0). In the tab help, go to Check for updates, and when updated, already have the possibility of exporting the notes to the PC.
stromoradie is offline   Reply With Quote